Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Voice Calls Dropping on Samsung S8

hongkongjon123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hope someone can help as I'm reaching breaking point with this problem.

I recently changed from an iPhone 6 to a Samsung Galaxy S8.

I've never previously had any issues with calls dropping on my iPhone, but since getting the S8 my calls are dropping all the time. The phone switches from 4G to H or H+ as soon as I make a call and within a few seconds or sometimes a few minutes the signal just disappears and the call drops.

I've been to Vodafone for a new SIM card but the problem persists.

I've been to Samsung who have checked all the settings and claim there are no known issues but I'm now getting really frustrated. Everyone just blames everyone else.

A colleague has the same phone on EE and he has no such problems (and his phone doesn't change to H or H+ for calls.)

This is an issue I have experienced nationwide. I'm not trying to use data and calls at the same time and I have the latest software updates on my phone.

Does anyone know of a solution? This phone/network conbination is not fit for purpose so I'll be cancelling my contract if I can't get this resolved. (I've been with Vodafone for many years.......)

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

As Vodafone do not support all phones and everywhere in the country for voLTE yet which is making a call over 4g the signal will drop to h and h+ but should after the call switch back to to the best connection available. 

This also happens on my s8 on Vodafone and o2. 

You could ask a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre location to run a diagnostic on it and not just check the settings. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Many thanks "BandOfBrothers" for your reply.

I will go (again) to the Samsung Store at the weekend to ask them to do a diagnostic check.

It does beg the question as to why Vodafone are selling/promoting phones which seem to be incompatible with their network.......

I guess I'll be on this merry-go-round for a while.....

Thanks anyway - I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

You are welcome. 

In my experience its voLTE aka 4g calling that needs to take off fully. 

Ive known similar issues with iPhone's too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

There is a known issue with VOLTE calls on S8 and S7 where the call will drop after a number of mins but at present Samsung and Vodafone have not being able to determine whether it is a handset software fault or a network issue as when it happens it is not due to the phone trying to hand down from 4G to 3G as often the caller is static with full network signal conditions

I'm having this problem also since getting my new s8. Been into Vodafone shops a number of times now and it's been off to Vodafone repairs a number of times but they don't seem to have a clue.  Or they're not telling me anyway. Got an open complaint about it but this is next to useless so far. I'm so annoyed now this is my last Samsung and my last phone with Vodafone. Good luck with yours!

Hi Londongar,

I'm pleased to report that there is light at the end of the tunnel.......

Vodafone offered to send the phone off for repair and suggested I take it to a Vodafone store for them to send it off and (hopefully) provide me with a loan phone whilst mine was away.

I went to a Vodafone store, spoke to the Manager (who was very helpful) and he suggested that I take it to the Samsung store and ask for an RF test. 

I did this, the phone failed the test and so i backed it up and took it back to the Samsung store a coiuple of days later and they changed the motherboard and a few other things within 3 hours and now the phone is working fine.

That would be my suggestion for you in terms of trying to resolve your problem. Forget Vodafone. Go straight to Samsung - they were very professional and resolved the matter quickly once I knew what to ask for.....

Good Luck!!