main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

What's the consensus on the Smart V8?

SOLVED
View solved solution
jefmcg
4: Newbie

Looks like my Smart Ultra 6 is on it's last legs, and it's proven to be a good phone.  What do owners think of their V8?

(people only general post here with problems, so that is why I am asking as a fresh question)

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SimonWilding
16: Advanced member

I've had one since November and for the money it's a good phone.

Wifi connection is a little sluggish compared with my old Note 4 that it replaced, but the screen is great, call volume/clarity is very good and it's got good built in storage (16GB) and a memory card slot, and the fingerprint sensor works like a dream (and being on the back I feel is better than Samsung having theirs on the front).

The phone feels good to hold and looks more expensive than it is.

Battery life is pretty good and the phone charges quickly with my Samsung fast charge cable, although it's not wireless charge compatible.

NFC works fine with noth Vodafone Wallet and Android/Google Pay.

The only downsides for me are that there is no replaceable battery and it is fiddly to assing ringtones and message tones to contacts but apart from that it's a failry hi-spec, good value phone.

I found this review helpful

http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/vodafone-smart-v8

Huawei P30 ELE-L09,

Android Version - 10 EMUI Version 11.0.0 (Custom Version VDF.GB 10.0.0.8)

Last Update 3.3.2021

Build- 11.0.0.138(C431E8R3P3)

Baseband- 21C20B385S000C000
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

View solution in original position

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
SimonWilding
16: Advanced member

I've had one since November and for the money it's a good phone.

Wifi connection is a little sluggish compared with my old Note 4 that it replaced, but the screen is great, call volume/clarity is very good and it's got good built in storage (16GB) and a memory card slot, and the fingerprint sensor works like a dream (and being on the back I feel is better than Samsung having theirs on the front).

The phone feels good to hold and looks more expensive than it is.

Battery life is pretty good and the phone charges quickly with my Samsung fast charge cable, although it's not wireless charge compatible.

NFC works fine with noth Vodafone Wallet and Android/Google Pay.

The only downsides for me are that there is no replaceable battery and it is fiddly to assing ringtones and message tones to contacts but apart from that it's a failry hi-spec, good value phone.

I found this review helpful

http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/vodafone-smart-v8

Huawei P30 ELE-L09,

Android Version - 10 EMUI Version 11.0.0 (Custom Version VDF.GB 10.0.0.8)

Last Update 3.3.2021

Build- 11.0.0.138(C431E8R3P3)

Baseband- 21C20B385S000C000
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

View solution in original position

View more options
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I'm not an owner of this phone but my habits when researching a phone I'm interested in buying is to check out user reviews on YouTube and by playing with the working demo models in the shops. 

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
jefmcg
4: Newbie

Thanks Guys!

Looks like I've manage to restore my VSU6, so we two will limp along together for a little while longer

A lot longer, I hope.

View more options