Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Where is my S10+?

tommygunyeah
4: Newbie

I was told by support it would be here on th 8th, I was told by support it would be here today, still no working tracker online? 

Please Vodafone, I beg you to help your customers just this once and tell us what's going on and when we are getting out phones?

3 REPLIES 3

stonefences
10: Established
10: Established

This is an issue not unique to Vodafone.

While I agree the online tracker isn't the best, the supply & lack of delivery date guarantees is entirely down to Samsung.

At the last count, there are 5 different threads on EEs forum regarding S10+ shortages, again with EE being unable to give a concrete delivery date for pre-orders.  (screenshot attached) 

What is most likely the case is that Samsung "promised" delivery of xxxx units of the S10+ for pre-order to each network. They have then been unable to fulfil each networks allocation, resulting in shortages.

Neither EE or Vodafone can give a concrete delivery date until Samsung deliver the stock to them. 

(I haven't checked forums for O2, or 3. I suspect you may see the same complaints there) 

Samsung aren't the first to stuff networks in this way. The same thing happens every year with iPhone pre-orders. Manufacturers hype their new phones so much that they cannot keep up with demands for pre-orders. 

Screenshot_20190309_124915_com.android.chrome.jpg

Ah interesting, I just spoke to support who said this:

"It is expected that it will take 6-7 working days to get the product available in stock and once it is available then it takes 2 working to deliver the product."

I pre ordered mine at 9 o'clock on 21/02, never received the S10+. No explanation. Questioned the first come first served started by Vodafone as I must have been one of the first to order, could not answer. Their exec office started they get deliveries of the phones on a Tuesday and Thursday . Interestingly, I then got notification from DPD yesterday that they have a parcel from Vodafone, which will be delivered tomorrow!! Strange!!