main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

Where is the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip

4: Newbie

Watched the Samsung reveal last night and they showed off the Z flip and the S20.

Now apparently the Z flip is released this Friday (14/02/2020) and the S 20 in March.

So I go to the VF site to have a gander at contracts and the Z flip is nowhere to be seen, but yet you have a preorder page for the S20!!!

How come? You can't tell me you have no idea how much contracts for the Z flip will be considering it's released in a few days.

Any info? 

View more options
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

It's still a pretty niche phone, i.e. expensive, unproven tech, so I suspect VF have chosen to not sell it.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @atacam 

Probably the best place to watch is 》Vodafone Coming Soon. 

However very much like the Samsung Galaxy Fold this is a 1st generation phone and as such the network I'm assuming will be watching to see what the uptake on this phone will be before they place orders for it.... if at all.

Vodafone won't share future business decisions here I'm afraid.

Some independents such as Carphone Warehouse may run with it.

That or buy it direct from Samsung.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted
10: Established

Out of the "Big 4" networks, only O2 are currently advertising it. It's not unknown for a network to negotiate an exclusivity deal for a device, so that may be the case here. 

The fact that Carphone Warehouse are not currently advertising it either makes me even more suspicious!!

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Too expensive for a phone and can break anytime.

View more options
Highlighted

I'm inclined to agree with @Facultative.   Obviously what constitutes "too expensive" is a personal matter, but there have been plenty of well-publicised issues with folding screens and I'd personally want for the technology to stabilise before parting with my money, even if I was prepared to blow considerably more than a grand on a phone.

I also suspect that the network are taking a similar view.   A raft of faults is going to lead to a world of pain and a lot of work for the repairs department

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I know right,  maybe in a few years when technology advances and this niche stabilizes, I'll be sure to buy one.

View more options
Highlighted

Er any phone could break at any time.

O2 has it in stock BTW. But the contract is too expensive for my liking. But then so is the S20 with VF. 

View more options
Highlighted

For me it's a 1st Generation model so I wouldn't buy into one.

Akin to the Samsung Galaxy Fold when it was first launched.

Obviously disposable income is a consideration.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

A little bird has told me (read, I asked this very question to a Voda support bod via live chat) that they should be announcing it for pre-order sometime around the 25th of this month.

They could be wrong, they could be fibbing. Make of this what you will. Your mileage may vary, etc.

This is just what I was told, accuracy not guaranteed.

View more options
Highlighted

@atacam wrote:

Er any phone could break at any time.

True, but mechanical linkages have more that can go wrong, and that can happen in normal use, rather than damage.

View more options
Highlighted

I'm going to assume that the information given to me by their live chat team was incorrect (or the situation has changed.)

View more options