Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Where is the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip

atacam
4: Newbie

Watched the Samsung reveal last night and they showed off the Z flip and the S20.

Now apparently the Z flip is released this Friday (14/02/2020) and the S 20 in March.

So I go to the VF site to have a gander at contracts and the Z flip is nowhere to be seen, but yet you have a preorder page for the S20!!!

How come? You can't tell me you have no idea how much contracts for the Z flip will be considering it's released in a few days.

Any info? 

11 REPLIES 11

deezle
4: Newbie

It's still a pretty niche phone, i.e. expensive, unproven tech, so I suspect VF have chosen to not sell it.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @atacam 

Probably the best place to watch is 》Vodafone Coming Soon. 

However very much like the Samsung Galaxy Fold this is a 1st generation phone and as such the network I'm assuming will be watching to see what the uptake on this phone will be before they place orders for it.... if at all.

Vodafone won't share future business decisions here I'm afraid.

Some independents such as Carphone Warehouse may run with it.

That or buy it direct from Samsung.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

A little bird has told me (read, I asked this very question to a Voda support bod via live chat) that they should be announcing it for pre-order sometime around the 25th of this month.

They could be wrong, they could be fibbing. Make of this what you will. Your mileage may vary, etc.

This is just what I was told, accuracy not guaranteed.

I'm going to assume that the information given to me by their live chat team was incorrect (or the situation has changed.)

stonefences
10: Established
10: Established

Out of the "Big 4" networks, only O2 are currently advertising it. It's not unknown for a network to negotiate an exclusivity deal for a device, so that may be the case here. 

The fact that Carphone Warehouse are not currently advertising it either makes me even more suspicious!!

Facultative
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Too expensive for a phone and can break anytime.

hrym

I'm inclined to agree with @Facultative.   Obviously what constitutes "too expensive" is a personal matter, but there have been plenty of well-publicised issues with folding screens and I'd personally want for the technology to stabilise before parting with my money, even if I was prepared to blow considerably more than a grand on a phone.

I also suspect that the network are taking a similar view.   A raft of faults is going to lead to a world of pain and a lot of work for the repairs department :Crying_Face:

I know right,  maybe in a few years when technology advances and this niche stabilizes, I'll be sure to buy one.

Er any phone could break at any time.

O2 has it in stock BTW. But the contract is too expensive for my liking. But then so is the S20 with VF.