cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why is WiFi calling adaptive compared to EE’s WiFi calling?

Mahammad
4: Newbie

On my phone using Vodafone, WiFi calling is almost never used, it’s only activated if I have 1 bar of signal or something.

Comparing this to my dad’s phone using EE, he could have full bars of 4G but the WiFi calling icon will always be on. Mines kicks in if the signal is really bad. Is there a way to force WiFi calling?

why is Vodafone’s adaptive but EE’s method is to have it permanently on? By the way I believe the EE and Vodafone mast are quite close together, my phone typically has lower signal strength compared to my dad’s one yet WiFi calling is barely activated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Each Network I assume will use different variations of Calling Over Wi-Fi but the principal would remain the same i.e this feature would automatically kick in when signal is very poor / non existent @Mahammad 

Personally I only prefer my Wi-Fi to be activated automatically when I get home as my phone is set up to recognise it's in the vicinity of my Home Broadband connection.

Having processes on constantly use more resources thus that little bit more screen on time i.e battery.

What is unbalanced in my opinion is that some Network's only allow this feature to Pay Monthly Customers and not Payg  :Sad_face:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers

Each Network I assume will use different variations of Calling Over Wi-Fi but the principal would remain the same i.e this feature would automatically kick in when signal is very poor / non existent @Mahammad 

Personally I only prefer my Wi-Fi to be activated automatically when I get home as my phone is set up to recognise it's in the vicinity of my Home Broadband connection.

Having processes on constantly use more resources thus that little bit more screen on time i.e battery.

What is unbalanced in my opinion is that some Network's only allow this feature to Pay Monthly Customers and not Payg  :Sad_face:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I've found EE and Vodafone only fail to VoWiFi when there's low signal, especially on newer devices. There are some phones (E.g. OnePlus) that seem to be able to override this and set the calling preference.