Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why such a poor choice of tablets?

majoosta
4: Newbie

I'm due an upgrade and am not at all interested in owning an iPad as my data tablet device. I tried to upgrade to the Samsung S2 tab in late November to be told there wasn't any stock for approximately 45 days. As usual, I got the usual "why not an iPad?" nonsense and explained I prefer android as my chosen device. Still waiting and my options seem to be an interior Tab A, or Vodafone's own tablet or an iPad!? My question is, for people that prefer a higher-end android tablet what are my options or do I go to O2 who have the S2 AND newer S3 in stock? Vodafone's options on a non iPad tablet are pretty poor.

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Have you considered going through Carphone Warehouse. 

Please be advised Employers VEA discount isnt available this way. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for the advice although the only options for a Tab2 or Tab3 are with either EE or ID network. So bye-bye Vodafone it seems. Unless they are replenishing stock soon?

I have android phones, but have Ipad Pro as my tablet.

I have had android tablets in the past and belive me, I am no apple fan boi, but sorry to say Ipad knocks the Android tablets into the water.

That's great, I'm glad you are happy having an iPad. I've had both and much prefer the 'less restricted' Android software and love my Sony Z4 tablet and find I can also do any necessary admin stuff regarding my work on it. I just fancy a Samsung tablet as I'm due an upgrade and have an S8 now. 

My point is, I believe Vodafone should cater for both customers - if you want a high spec Apple tablet you have options and the same choice for Android tablet users should be available! So, next question is when is S2 tab stock arriving?

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

You could keep an eye on > Vodafone coming-soon.

Current Phone  >

Thanks but there isn't any info on new tablet devices so not much help. If Vodafone can't offer up stock info I'll go elsewhere and go to O2 as my wife wanted to get the Tab A and I wanted the S2 or S3. Pretty poor from Vodafone if I'm honest.

BandOfBrothers

Youre very welcome. 

It's certainly a route you can take as long as the other Network gives you adequate signal and data speeds where you live work and commute. 

I assme my suggestion of CPW isnt viable ?

Alternative routes could be to purchase the Tablet outright. 

Im using the Samsung Tab a6 10.1 and find no issues with it. 

I was using an iPad Air. 

Good luck with your journey. 

Current Phone  >

Thank you again. I did reply to your previous reply regarding CPW but they seem to steer clear of any decent options on Vodafone for tablets. The S2 or S3 are both only available via EE or ID network with them. So, you have the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 that Vodafone keep promoting on their site, correct? As I have the Sony Z4 tablet which is quite highly rated and comparisons with the Tab A 'spec-wise' seem to be a downgrade but as I wanted all Samsung in my phone/tab devices the S2 or S3 seemed perfect. I'll have to push Vodafone regarding stock as was promised stock within 45 days nearly 2 months ago. Thank you for your help.

BandOfBrothers

Ok

Yes I purchased the Samsung Tab a6 10.1 direct from Samsung. 

If you compare the specs between the Tab A and Tab 2 there isnt really much in it. 

Take care. 

Current Phone  >