Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wi-Fi Calling on Google Pixel 2XL

Paget76
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All,

I have recently joined Vodafone, getting the new Google Pixel 2XL. Love the phone, but was very disappointed to find that for some reason Voda don't support it for wi-fi calling. There seem to be numerous threads about this (wish I had checked before buying!), but no good answers. 

The phone supports it, the OS supports it, and Voda support it for other phones - does anyone know the reason behind their reluctance? I have a terrible signal in my house, and it would really make a difference...

Thanks,

Richard

5 REPLIES 5

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Paget76  Vodafone won’t comment on why they aren’t supporting certain devices. 

Have you considered a sure signal device for your home ?

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/mShop/mobile-phone/accessories/SKU75375-white

I have, but I don't particularly want to have to spend an extra £70, especially as they get very mixed reviews...

It annoys me that such a major player as Vodafone can't get it's backside into gear and provide wifi calling on a decent range of phones. It's not as though the Pixel 2 is low-end!

Can't you return and take on EE?

If you want wifi calling EE and Three are really the only ones to look for.

Both offer SMS over it too.

EE support a huge range of phones and Three have a free app that works on ANY Android

Too late to swap, unfortunately... Guess I'll just have to live with it, and hope that Vodafone get their backsides into gear

Just wanted to add my voice of discontentment.

It is in my view disgusting that in 2018, Vodafone are still restricting basic features like Wi-Fi calling and 4G calling to a limited number of handsets.

If EE can offer it, so can Vodafone.  And since EE *do* offer it, that's where I will be off when my two Vodafone contracts come to an end shortly.

Only when customers start voting with their feet will Vodafone pull its finger out and stop treating customers with contempt.

I might add that it is particularly idiotic not offering it on Google Pixel phones.  The lame excuse about needing to test it on particular Android handsets is even more ludicrous when you consider than the Pixels are the REFERENCE Android implementations.  You would think any features would be tested FIRST on Google Pixel.