Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wi-Fi Calling on replacement S7 Edge

ryanuk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello!

Sorry if this post seems a little silly, but I can't seem to get Wi-Fi calling to work on my replacement handset my insurance company has sent me.  The option simply isn't there in settings.  I've called Vodafone up to switch it off and on again, and I've sent the text to 97888 with CALLING.

One thing I notice is the model is slightly different, my pervious phone was a SM-G935F, yet the one provided is an unlocked SM-G935U.

Is there anything I should be trying?  Is there an incompatibility because of different models?

Thanks so much in advance!

Ryan

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @ryanuk

No the model number difference wouldn't make an actual difference to wi-fi-calling working. 

When the feature was originally released then the criteria was that the Samsung phone was supplied by Vodafone but this is no longer the case.

This may / may not help > Wi-fi-enabling-on-Samsung-S7-phone.

If not then customer service should be able to help further and ir put you to their tech help teams.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hello

Customer service have been inconsistent - they have told me the phone isn't compatible because it's a different model, but have also told me that switching wifi calling off and on again at their end should fix it. It hasn't!

My mobile phone insurance provider are saying wifi calling is a "software feature" so have washed their hands of it...

So do we believe the US model I now have will do 4G and wifi calling on the Vodafone network? 

Ryan

Hi,

I'm having the same issue with Xperia XZ3.

I got my phone direct from Vodafone UK, but there is no menu for activating WIFI calling as detailed in thier guide.

Technical also tried switching it off and on again, still no menu for it on the phone.

I can't see how activating it and deactivating it can change anything as its the phones software thats lacking the option for it in the menu?

Very confusing, and is vital for me as I live on an Island where WIFI is more available than a network signal.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ryanuk We'll need to have a look into your account in order to check it's all set up correctly on our side. So we're able to do this, please get in touch using the link in my private message

@rgmanby You do have a compatible phone, so as long as you're on the correct plan (A Pay monthly Red Extra or Red Entertainment plan, or a Red or Red Value Bundle) you should be good to go. Have you had a look at our page on how to set up Wi-Fi Calling? 

I have it sorted now, after much trawling through the replies on various threads, all I needed was a configuration message from Vodafone to activate the provision for it! Now the option has appeared in my sttings. I hope this helps others that are having the problem on various models of phone.

How does one get this configuration message?

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Have you got in touch via the form in the private message that @Alex sent out to you @ryanuk? It's also worth double checking for any software updates for your phone, as these may carry the necessary updates needed for the Wi-Fi Calling option to become available. 

You need to phone Vodafone on 191 and get through to technical, insist you need the configuration text to provision WIFI calling, they should send it instantly (the pin for configuration texts is 1234 if asked). Once installed the option to activate WIFI calling in settings should be there.