Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wi-Fi calling feature onSamsung Galaxy S6

billybigbrains
4: Newbie

Hi,

I know that Wi-Fi calling is currently being developed by Vodafone for Samsung Galaxy S6 and Edge, but if I buy an S6 from Vodafone now, will I be able to upgrade it later when Wi-Fi calling becomes available?

Many thanks

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I would think as long as your on an eligible tariff you should be good to go when it's released for the Samsung Galaxy s6 and s6 Edge. 

The feature is 'turned on' at account access level by customer services. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers

I would think as long as your on an eligible tariff you should be good to go when it's released for the Samsung Galaxy s6 and s6 Edge. 

The feature is 'turned on' at account access level by customer services. 

Current Phone  >

63johnw
Hi, do you mean will you be able to update the phone to use WiFi calling ? If that's what you mean then yes should be OK for that.

If you are meaning would you be able to upgrade your phone for a newer one then no, not without significant cost.

Thanks both.

Yes, I meant "will I be able to update the phone to use WiFi calling".

So I'll go ahead and get one!

Cheers

Bill

No worries and nice choice of phone. 

Current Phone  >

Ive been with Vodafone for years and years but upgraded my phione with carphone warehouse 18 minths ago as they had better  &cheaper deals than my vodafone shop. I popped in there today and they seem to think that you ll only get wifi calling enabled if you buy a samsung s6 through vodafone rather than carphone warehouse , is that correct?

63johnw
Hi @cityangel that is what has been said, it needs to be a Vodafone branded handset direct from them.

Thats a pain then as Vodafone deal is £9pm more than carphone warehouse