Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WiFi calling Vodafone smart x9

vasques101uk
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi there. This is my first post. So be gently.

I have recently bought this phone and love it. I however get no signal in my house. This is my second x9 as the first one was faulty with the headphone jack. 

Anyway I was wondering if WiFi calling will be available on this device that would let me use it in my house. I am housebound most of the time due to illness  and there fore have been using the phone as more for WiFi internet and the camera and video. Any info would be greatly appreciated

John

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @vasques101uk

Vodafone wifi calling is available to people on eligible tariffs and certain models of phone.

In regards to Vodafone brands its...

Vodafone – Smart ultra 7 and Smart platinum 7, Smart N8 (must have been bought directly from one of our stores, online, or over the phone from our telesales teamfor Wi-Fi Calling to work), Smart V8, Smart N9 Lite. "

There is further information in Vodafone > calling-features/wi-fi-calling.

It's probably best to keep an eye on that page as Vodafone wouldn't typically unveil new additions to the list here. 

In the interim there is always the Sure Signal which costs a one off £69 that creates a 3g signal in the home as it works off home broadband wifi.

Vodafone sure-signal.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for the quick reply. I will look at the sure signal in the short term but I hope that the x9 being Vodafone's latest phone will get WiFi and 4g calling soon.