Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling - Galaxy S8 Duos

uberNoobZA
4: Newbie

I have a Galaxy S8 Duos (G950FD - Dual Sim model), which has had CSC changed to allow me to use Samsung Pay in UK, as well as other features.

Phone is now configured with XEU CSC

I am unable to find the options to enable Wi-Fi Calling on this phone. Anyone know why ?

I have NOT tripped Knox Warranty on this phone (changing CSC does not trip Knox) and have NOT flashed any custom ROMS, bootloaders or recoveries, or rooted the phone. Firmware information is shown below -

image.png

My current devices -

Galaxy S8 Duos (SM-G950FD)

Galaxy Tab A6 10.1 (SM-T585)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @uberNoobZA

Sometimes an image needs approving which is why I couldn't see it. 

Is your phone an imported model ?

Not too long ago a Samsung eligible phone had to be supplied by Vodafone directly to be able to enjoy the Calling Over Wifi feature but it seems this stipulation has been removed so you shouldn't need to re flash the phone with the Vodafone firmware. 

No harm in trying however if you wish.  :Winking_smiley:

I have read before from previous posts that turning off Calling Over Wifi in MyVodafone for 24 hours and then re activating it can help. Don't quote me on this but turning off Voicemail I think has been known to help - maybe. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers

Hi @uberNoobZA

There could be an issue if it's an imported phone not meant for UK use even tho you've manually uploaded a custom csc onto it. 

The firmware CsC Code you put on is usually on phones supplied unlocked to all networks from Carphone warehouse etc. 

Mine is BTU which is phones supplied directly from Samsung. 

Link > http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Wi-Fi-Calling/67269365/How-do-I-set-up-Wi-Fi-Calling...

You could ring customer service to ensure it's activated on your i assune eligible tariff type and it's turned on in your myvodafone. 

Edit : for some reason I can't see your attachment. 

Current Phone  >

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked my account for the SIM being used, using My Vodafone app on the phone, and also checking tariff details on the vodafone website, and Wi-Fi calling is enabled.

No idea why you can;t see the image, as it shows fine for me.

I see that Vodafone UK has it's own CSC as well (VOD).

Do you think that if I changed CSC to BTU that wi-fi calling would appear as an option ? How about if I bite the bullet and set it to VOD ?

Thanks

- EDIT - 

Since my original post, I performed a check for OTA updates and it downloaded and installed the AQG5 version. Rescanning the phone reports that the Bootloader, PDA, CSC as well as Baseband firmware versions are all AQG5. However, still Wifi-calling is not showing as an option :mansad:

My current devices -

BandOfBrothers

Hi @uberNoobZA

Sometimes an image needs approving which is why I couldn't see it. 

Is your phone an imported model ?

Not too long ago a Samsung eligible phone had to be supplied by Vodafone directly to be able to enjoy the Calling Over Wifi feature but it seems this stipulation has been removed so you shouldn't need to re flash the phone with the Vodafone firmware. 

No harm in trying however if you wish.  :Winking_smiley:

I have read before from previous posts that turning off Calling Over Wifi in MyVodafone for 24 hours and then re activating it can help. Don't quote me on this but turning off Voicemail I think has been known to help - maybe. 

Current Phone  >

Hi. As per this post (https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/wifi-calling-s8-plus/m-p/2567767#M137879) disabling and then re-enabling wifi calling on my Vodafone account did the trick.

Thanks !!

My current devices -

BandOfBrothers

Thank you for the update. 

Good to hear you've got this resolved. :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Info: Thank you for choosing to chat with us.  An agent will be with you shortly.
Info: You're now chatting with Nachiketan.
Info:
Nachiketan:

Hello, you're chatting with Nachiketan,  how may I help you today?

Nachiketan:

Hello Paul

Paul: It ia about my galaxy S8 issues
Paul: Can I talk to you ir point me at the right dir
Nachiketan:

For sure

Nachiketan:

Before we go ahead, please help me with your last name

Nachiketan:

Also, for security, please help me with 1st 2 and last 2 letters of your memorable word.

Nachiketan:

Your hint - What was your first pet's name?

Nachiketan:

Only 1st 2 and last 2 letters of your memorable word please

Nachiketan:

Thank you. Also your last name

Paul: katsaitis
Nachiketan:

Thank you for confirming. Could you please describe the issue that you are facing with the phone?

Nachiketan:

I did not mean to rush you. Just checking if we are still connected

Paul: got it before Chrismas and after a week I dropped it from a 1/2 meter. It had leather case and screen protector on. Althought that the screen was damaged and crack appeared across. IThe phone was still operational . After the screen started to peel off . I have asked Samsung to have a look and they asked me for 300 pounds to repair it. Its a premioum product and it should not brake that easy in a first place. I cant afford to pay 300 pounds , noew the screen dosent work
Nachiketan:

Paul, as you may understand, physical damages aren't covered under warranty.

Nachiketan:

Thus it would be chargeable to replace the screen

Paul: I had many galaxys in past and they have been dropped from a hight but there was was not a single scratch or issues
Nachiketan:

If you feel that it was a manufacturing defect, then you may take it to nearest Vodafone store, they will send it to warehouse and warehouse will confirm if it is covered.

Paul: This is not right and I am not happy with the product
Nachiketan:

Paul, I can understand your sentiments here. But as you may understand, these are policies from the manufacturer

Paul: You issued this phone I would like to take it back
Nachiketan:

Sorry I did not understand the last bit, could you please elaborate?

Paul: I am voda customer for many years and I broke a telephone before. In your records I havn't bothered you. This time is different. This is not normal breakage. The svreen is falling appartt
Nachiketan:

Trust me, if there was anything I could do to help you get it replaced for free, I would certainly have done so.

Paul: I would like to take the phone back because it is defected
Nachiketan:

Returns cooling off period is 30 days from the date of purchase, as it is outside 30 days window, it can not be returned.

Paul: Vodafone should help me with the issue by taking the phone back
Nachiketan:

As stated earlier Paul, warranty does not cover a physical damage.

Nachiketan:

Thus it won't be possible to do that.

Paul: so I the screen is peeling off
Paul: it is terible for so expensive product
Nachiketan:

In future you might want to go for an insurance so such mishaps can be avoided.

Paul: I have broken phone before. This is not normal. I dont have anything else to say. Just samsung is a cheat and this is the last product I buy from them
Paul: Have a good day
Nachiketan:

I can sense your frustration and really wish there was anything at all I could have done for you. But my hands are tied due to policies.

Paul: ok thanks
Nachiketan:

Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Paul: No . I gave you 800 plus pounds to buy a premium quality telephone not a fresh egg
Nachiketan:

May I know when you got the phone, was the seal open?

Paul: mail order by vodaphone
Nachiketan:

Was the box open

Paul: november
Paul: yes
Nachiketan:

You meant that the phone you received was already in open condition and you did not get a seal pack handset?

Paul: sure
Nachiketan:

In past, all the phones you received were in open condition?

Paul: no all phones in the past were purchased from vidafone shop
Nachiketan:

On the sticker of every phone, it states do not accept if seal is already broken, may I know if you tried to file a complaint or tried to return the product that time?

Paul: No it was kept till christmas from wife as a present
Paul: the telephone been given as a christmass present from my wife
Paul: I know it silly
Paul: is
Nachiketan:

Paul, in future you may keep this one in mind too. Check and use the phone. Confirm it's quality as you get only 30 days to return it. Also, opt for an insurance. Now the only option that I can see is take it to Samsung, ask them the procedure to file a complaint stating that you feel the quality of this particular handset was below par. If they test and find that it is true, they may do something about it,.

Paul: Thank you so much for your help
Paul: have anice day
Nachiketan:

Thank you for contacting Vodafone.

Info: Thanks for chatting with us.