Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling Option Gone after reset

RV52
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I e recently had to do a factory reset on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and I have lost WiFi calling option. I had previously set this up with the help of live chat but this time I have tried 3 times and it's still not working. 

It is enabled and turned on in the Vodafone app but there is no option in my phone settings to turn it on. 

I seem to remember it was solved with an update over the network but whatever the advisors are doing isn't working. 

I've tried several of the different solutions suggested (new apn, turning options on and off in app etc) but nothings working. 

Any advice? 

13 REPLIES 13

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @RV52 

After updating the phone you will need to set up WiFi calling from the beginning, the first thing to do is to text calling to 97888 and follow this link: WiFi calling

Hi Ann

I have already Called 97888, and followed all the options in the link. As I said in my post it is already enabled via the app and by the live chat support but I have no option in my phone settings to turn WiFi calling on (no slide toggle switch)

AnnS

Hi @RV52

I also don't have a toggle but WiFi calling kicks in when there is no mobile signal.  Try putting the phone on offline and see if you get the phone signal at the top. 

@AnnS 

Thanks for your help but that doesn't work. Like I said it has been working for over 12 months prior to a factory reset and I know what I should be able to see. Now, I don't have the option any more to toggle it in and off. 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear your Wi-Fi Calling options disappeared @RV52. Since your factory reset, have you checked for any system updates? Give that a try and let me know if that helps 🤞

@TJ

No updates available on a manual download and also set to automatically check. 

TJ

That's strange @RV52 🤔 One of our team will be happy to access your account and take a closer look into this for you. Please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

Did you get this fixed?

I'm having the same issue as you?

I'm on day 5 or 6 of trying to resolve this fault. My issue with Vodafone and their inability to progress onto a solution. Every time I phone or use the app I get moved onto the technical department who start from the beginning. My patience is wearing thin. I too wanted to use my phone in my house, utilising it's ability to WiFi call. Yes it is a Vodafone contract Pixel 3 XL. 

Nope. Silly thing is it was working before factory reset so I know it can be done