Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling gone in 7.0 S7?

dj9928
4: Newbie

So I am running the beta 7.0 for S7, the Wifi calling option has vanished.  Now you may say it hasn't been added yet as its beta but the option is confirmed to be there for EE and 3 sim cards. Vodafone nothing.

84 REPLIES 84

Did you have any additional software updates to install before it was visible on your phone?

All updates on my phone are set to manual, so if yours is automatic maybe something installed without you knowing?

So the above did not work for me so I contacted vodafone through the Chat service and they enabled it for me there and then. After receiving the text Wifi calling was there again.

Very painless and didn't require a phone call so if it doesn't work for you, try chatting to someone :smileyhappy:

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@adekil Awesome, glad to see that it's now sorted for you. 

Thanks for letting us know. :smileyhappy:

You need to activate correct APN settings.

Settings - Connections - Mobile Networks  - Access Points Names - ADD

Name - Contract WAP

APN - wap.vodafone.co.uk

Proxy - not set

Port - Not set

Username - wap

Password - wap

Server - http://www.vodafone.co.uk?cid=VOD-HOM-001

MMSC  - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servelets/mms

MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.12

MMS Port - 8799

MCC - 234

MNC - 15

Authentication Type  - PAP

APN - default

APN protocol - IPv4

APN roaming protocol- IPv4

Leave the remaining 4 settings as they are. Then press 3 dots and save the added APN

Then select the added APN and restart the phone. WI FI calling will appear once new APN embeds and gets registered. I did this on my phone after Factory Reset and Wi Fi calling option appeared afer about 40 minutes and when I go into APN settings the added APN is appearing as embedded thus if you click on it,  you can not change the settings apart from deleting it completely. Hope this helps

Rusty5010
4: Newbie
Hi Alex.....all good now, thank you.