Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling gone in 7.0 S7?

dj9928
4: Newbie

So I am running the beta 7.0 for S7, the Wifi calling option has vanished.  Now you may say it hasn't been added yet as its beta but the option is confirmed to be there for EE and 3 sim cards. Vodafone nothing.

84 REPLIES 84

It might be useful if Vodafone did not send out a text message offering the service to non branded phones.

Hopefully we could replace sentiment with common sense..

I have an s7 edge which needs to be connected to wifi for calls when I am at home as I have NO signal here - even though the vodafone map shows otherwise. So upgrading the phone software this week has rendered the (vodafone provided) phone useless. 

Nougat is a waste of time to upgrade to - GPS issues (well documented on forums) & now this. Shame as it's been a really good phone up until now.

Factory resetting the phone didn't remove nougat either, just wiped everything else!

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @rupert74

Im on Nougat too but mine is Unbranded sim free. 

No gps issues as far as I can see.

A Factory Reset will only take the phone back to the last Firmware update , and wipe the phone of personal data as you've found out.

It wouldn't revert the phone back to Marshmallow. 

To learn more about that I'd suggest visiting xda developers site to learn more. 

Please be careful if you attempt anything. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I had exactly the same issue and flashed it back to 6.0.1. I have used the Samsung ROM and wifi calling once again works just fine.

@milestone ok, we know about it but what is the point to downgrade? For me Android 7 works better, smoother, faster, is more stable and looks much better than MM. 
Also problem is that Carphone Warehouse selling Vodafone contracts but phones are unbranded with XEU CSC and their customers are also discriminated by Vodafone. 
I expecting that we can read once again stupid rules what was pasted here few times and i do not belive there was some loop/hole in android 6.0.1 what let people use WiFi Calling on unbranded phones. Now it is only excuse to make people use phones from vodafone what are more expensive than in other places. Sorry, but if i have to pay about 100-200 pound more for phone just for wifi calling - i will say f*** o** to vodafone. :Smiling: 

I'm not sure I really want to post this here but in the interest of helping out here goes. If I find that because of this vodafone cut the service I'll never be using them again!

Anyway - I've found you can get WiFi calling back on the S7, I'm on the XEU variant so I've no idea if that means this doesn't apply to the BTU CSC.

All I did was go into my settings online and turn off the WiFi calling feature under Manage your extras > Manage minutes.  Leave it overnight for the change to take effect and then turn it back on again the next day. After that the WiFi calling feaure showed up again in the phone settings.

Hope that helps someone!

This is really interesting. Can anyone else repeat this behaviour?

I'm checkin it. Let you know tomorrow guys when i enable my WiFi calling. 
I'm on XEU atm.

This tip is not working for me on Android 7 XEU. 

Thanks for the tip @mark_baguley, all working again for me.:smileyhappy: