Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling gone in 7.0 S7?

dj9928
4: Newbie

So I am running the beta 7.0 for S7, the Wifi calling option has vanished.  Now you may say it hasn't been added yet as its beta but the option is confirmed to be there for EE and 3 sim cards. Vodafone nothing.

84 REPLIES 84

Hi iMoCks.  Did you manage to flash BTU and did wifi calling work with this?

like many who skip to the end of a forum to see if there's an answer (thats me) vodafone has just been sloppy updating the information on their site to reflect the changes on android noughat 7.0

I'm sure someone posted the explanation so kudos to them but for people like me that were using this feature because of the atrocious signal inside my house heres the simple way to get it back in 5 steps.

1. tap the green phone icon thats been on android forever

2. at the top right you'll see 3 dots stacked : (missing one) press the top right of the screen on the 3 dots

3. select settings from this drop down menu.

4.swipe down till you see wifi calling

5. slide tab to on

vodafone pay monthly customer android 7.0 pushed on me yesterday

@milestone

no, but tomorrow i'll get brand new Galaxy S7 Edge with preinstalled BTU and will try to get WiFi Calling. PM me to remind to give you any info. Sometimes You have to call to customer service and force them to activate it via technical team. That what i have to do to get WiFi Calling on XEU.

@milestone i can confirm that WiFi calling is working on Android 7 BTU

I just need to make call to customer service and adviser was talking with technician team and they have to restart that option in their system, after that i didn't receive any confirmation message but found option in phone settings. Enable it and wifi calling is fully working. 

Hi @iMocks

I have now taken the 7.0 btu (non-vodafone) update and can report that wifi calling IS working.

Here's what worked for me:

1. Logged in to Myvodafone account to set wifi calling to "on" but was told that I could not enter the feature because I was not elegible.
  2. Rang Vodafone tech to reset my wifi calling.
  3. In parallel sent text to 97888 with the message "calling"
  4. Immediately received an automated responder saying that wifi calling had been activated on my account (even though this was not reflected on the website at the time, but 24 hours later was shown as "on")

I cannot say whether the text message did it or whether it was the Vodafone tech doing a reset, but the key thing is that wifi calling is now working with a non-vodafone rom (the Samsung plain vanilla version 6.01 which I downloaded /flashed, and then allowed it to take the 7.0 update).

My take on all of this is that Vodafone are not withholding any features but they do have a silly glitch in their system which requires the wifi calling feature to be reset when upgrading to 7.0.  They could also have been more transparent and proactive in providing us with information about this workaround.

try my method, same sitch as you crap signal etc.

go into your apps, select the green phone icon, click top right on 3 dots, select settings, swipe down till you see wifi calling and tap it on.

I swear its moved from where it was previous, and while most of my apps and settings returned to how they were , wifi calling was switched off.

hope this helps mate.

My wi-fi calling disappeared when I upgraded android to 7.0. I got it back by doing the following. 

Switched it off overnight in my Vodafone account.

When I reactivated it I found the place in my phone settings (not obvious) where it could be turned on.

Settings

Applications

Select the 3 dots in top right hand corner

Show system apps

Phone (first of 3 entries)

More settings

Scroll down to WI-FI CALLING

select on

This worked for me and I now have wi-fi calling again on a phone not purchased directly from Vodafone 

Thanks NMC58!

I can confirm the procedure above also worked for me on a Carphone Warehouse supplied S7 running Nougat (some threads were suggesting wi-fi calling would not work on non-vodafone supplied handsets).

Darren

Upgraded my SGS7 Edge to Andoid 7.0 with a smaller software update being required after this and my Wifi Calling has gone, no option in phone either, its disappeared, but does show Wifi Calling extra as activated in Myvodafone :Sad_face:

That's exactly what happened to me after upgrading, it was active in MyVodafone but the option had disappeared on the phone. Try NMC58's solution above. TBH I turned my wifi calling option off for a little longer (a couple of days) but when I turned it back on and left it for a few hours, the wifi calling option had miraculously reappeared!