Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling stopped working Android J5

FlipFlip
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have a SAMSUNG J5 SM-J530F Android version 9 security patch level 1 Jun  20.  I WIFI calling enabled and it used to work but for no reason stopped.  I managed to get it working using the workaround of switching on flight mode and then switching on WIFI but even that has stopped having an effect.

How can I get WIFI calling working properly?

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @FlipFlip 

Could there be any updates that could have had a negative impact on using Calling Over Wi-Fi  ? I ask as the Samsung j5 isn't in the official supported phone list although Vodafone say it could work.

I appreciate it's worked previously which is what we sometimes see from people using phone's not showing as supported.

"All the devices on this page will support WiFi calling when you buy them directly from us. Please note that phones bought from other UK telecom providers are unlikely to support our WiFi calling, with the exception of iPhones, which should work regardless.

Devices might be compatible when bought from third parties, we’re working with these other manufacturers to add our settings."

This is some advice I picked up a while ago

'Ask the agent to force the phone via sending an OTA configuration update that should provision your phone for Calling Over WiFi. '

"Register for Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling

Text the word CALLING to 97888

This is a free text which will add the service to your account

You should receive the following confirmation text:

Thanks. We’ll add Wi-Fi Calling to your account in the next 24 hours and will let you know when you’re all set up.

If you’d like to discuss this with us, or if you have any other issues, you can find more info here or contact us

Once you receive the confirmation text, switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings

Go to Settings, scroll down and choose the Application icon

Choose Phone and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Calling – select the box beside this option

A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling – tap OK"

and there are some tips in > Calling Over Wi-Fi.  

You could try turning Off Calling Over Wi-Fi in your myvodafone and leave it 24 hours and then toggle it back On.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.