Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling

webb_nickj
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So, I got a Vodafone Smart V8 in-store on Saturday.

The guy in the shop said the phone supports Wifi Calling, but I can't can't figure out how to turn on Wifi Calling on the phone.

I spoke with Vodafone's tech support yesterday and they confirmed the phone should support Wifi Calling and that the contract has Wifi Calling enabled, but they still haven't managed to explain how to turn it on on the phone.

I've been into the Settings menu and there's nothing listed there, and there's nothing listed under the network settings.

Anyone know how I can turn this on on the phone? The need for Wifi Calling was a major reason for upgrading the phone in the first place.

Incidentally I wasn't given a new SIM card when the phone was upgraded - the SIM card has been swapped from my old Sony Z3 Compact, which didn't have Wifi Calling. Could that be the problem?

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @webb_nickj

Unless things have changed and the phone is due to be added, the V8 is not on the list of compatable handsets for WiFi calling.  Please see the link below for eligible plans and compatable phones.

WiFi Calling

@webb_nickj

Vodafone give 30 days to return the phone. 

Thanks for the link.

That would be very annoying if that is the case, since I specifically asked in-store and when I was online talking with tech support yesterday.