Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi calling option missing on Xperia XZ2 Premium

njcantle
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've seen lots of posts about the missing wifi calling option on Sony's not purchased from Vodafone. I have the same problem: activated on account, but cannot see the settings option on the phone to turn it on. By any chance has Vodafone has discovered a way to push the settings OTA yet?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @njcantle

Well it's a phone model that's included in the eligible phone list so should work. 

This may help...

How-do-I-set-up-Wi-Fi-Calling-on-my-Sony-phone. from Wi-Fi-Calling.

Customer service should also be able to access your account and make sure that's looking as it should. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks @BandOfBrothers 

The problem is that the "WiFi Calling" option does not appear on my phone settings, similar to the issue that a lot of others have posted. 

Your phone needs to have Wi-Fi Calling Provisioned. To check if it has try the following.

Dial *#*#4636#*#* , press Phone Information and scroll down to check if the slider beside Wi-Fi Calling Provisioned is on.

If it is not you need to call Vodafone and ask for it to be provisioned. This is a painless process and it should be working within an hour. You can try to switch it on yourself but it will go off when you leave the menu.

I bought my Sony from Vodafone and this worked for me, but I don't know if it will work for a phone that was bought from somewhere else.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apologies for our delay in responding, we've been a little busier than usual across our Social Channels. Thanks for your helpful input @BandOfBrothers and @MySony. If Wi-Fi Calling's been provisioned on your phone @njcantle and you're still unable to use this, please contact us through the private message I've sent and we'll be happy to take a look for you.

Thanks @MySony. It seems that WiFi Calling is not provisioned so I will contact Vodafone.

Thanks for your help

I'm sure they fixed it...

Anyone else having this problem may find that it needs to be opted in to on the Vodafone account settings via a website for a personal account  (a business account lloks different on the website and they may need to talk to someone).   Once it has been activated by Vodafone the handset will receive push notifications to add a wifi calling patch OTA ...  and once they (there can be more than one) are downloaded and installed the option for wifi calling appears in the phone's phone settings.

At least that is what I have found.

Thanks @ezy

I did contact Vodafone and they sent the settings OTA but it didn't work. The lady spoke with her manager and apparently the patch "only" works 90% of the time. My phone recently upgraded itself to Android 9 so maybe the patch isn't that up to date.

Having spent so many hours on the phone to Vodafone I have given up. They were very pleasant and helpful but this technology clearly isn't quite there yet, so I give up until it is.