Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi calling option missing on s6 edge

Domlouis
1: Seeker

Hi all

Old subject same problem. I have a s6 edge which was bought directly from Vodafone when new (18 mths ago) for which I am trying to set Wi-Fi calling. Plan I had until now didn't allow Wi-Fi calling whereas new plan does.

Problem is the option never appears on the list under phone/settings where I was told it should be. Many rounds of chats with Vodafone staff later and no progress. Account is set up properly for Wi-Fi calling. Phone running latest software. Still no option. Latest advice: take it to the shop. Is that really the last resort? 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Domlouis

This thread may or may not help. 

Wi-fi-enabling-on-Samsung-S7-phone.

Its a different model of Galaxy but the patch should be similar. 

All should work if Vodafone Customer services have confirmed it's activated on your account. And in your myvodafone too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for the link. I tried the advice but again the option never appears on the list. It is so look frustrating. I think my only option in the end will be to take it to the VF shop I bought it from. Unless VF here has some more advice?

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Domlouis If everything on your account is enabled for Wi-Fi Calling along with you correct plan and the most recent update, it sounds a good idea to take in in store. The reason for this is so our Tech Experts can take a look at your phone to see if anything is missing at all. 

Did not work for my S7 Edge. Simply cannot find the option any where and the help brings up nothing for Wi-Fi Calling.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch @SteveKincade, it's disappointing to hear you're having trouble activating your Wi-Fi Calling. 

Have you switched it on using your My Vodafone account? Did you buy the phone directly from us or a third party?

To make use of the service, you'll also need to be in one of the following plans - a Pay monthly Red Extra or Red Entertainment plan, or a Red or Red Value Bundle. We'll be more than happy to double check this for you, so we can access your account and take a look I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.