Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi calling

mattspark
2: Seeker
Hello everyone, new the forum, hope someone can help with the following question I need to know if the Samsung galaxy Edge Plus is wifi calling compatible? I am thinking of purchasing a preowned handset that is perhaps just a few months old(I was thinking of buying one that is locked to vodafone) I have spoken with vodafone over the phone a couple of times with great fustration and they say that the s6Edge Plus is not covered by wifi calling(only s6 & s6 edge are). I paid a visit to Vodafone Inverness shop for additional advice, the guy in the store was helpfull and told me to call back in the afternoon as the guy from samsung will be around demonstrating samsung handsets & is very clued up. I called back and spoke with him, he said that the s6, s6 edge, s6 edge Plus and s7`s all support wifi calling. he said the wifi calling gets activated by your vodafone contract sim and will take around a day for the wifi calling feature to show up on your device(on the assumption that you have wifi calling enabled on your plan). None of this seem to make any sense as It says on vodafone website that only `special` s6 and s6edge only purchased from vodafone will work? surely if what the samsung guy is saying is true, I could purchase a hadset from anywhere(unlocked) and just pop my vodafone contract sim in(which is wifi calling enabled) an away I go? I am sorry to ramble on but nobody seems to have a solid answer to my question anywhere, so I thought this was the best place to go for help. regards, Matt
34 REPLIES 34

I did that yesterday evening, so could just be that.

Does the option not even appear then, until this is set up?

On my previous phone, Sony Xperia Z2, the option was always there even though Vodafone never enabled it for this phone.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Have you checked with Customer Services to see if sending the text through has activated WiFi calling at account level?  That may be an idea to check things are working correctly at account level.

PWIAC

@davidbrazel wrote:

I did that yesterday evening, so could just be that.

Does the option not even appear then, until this is set up?

On my previous phone, Sony Xperia Z2, the option was always there even though Vodafone never enabled it for this phone.

Hi

Yes until your on the latest firmware and provision arranged for wifi calling it wouldn't probably show as an option. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

To update after another 12 days.

I have had 2 different S7 Edge handsets

Spoke to customer services, technical support & samsung  customer services for over 12 hours.

I have re-set to default wiping everything twice, ensured my version is the most up to date etc.

txt 97888 and received  the replies and had it confirmed by chat and voice call.

Had "my wi-fi speed" checked!

Been sent to the Vodafone shop because they don't believe me (doesn't work on S7 yet was their response.)

After all this there still is not an option in settings/applications/phone to toggle Wi-Fi calling

On top of this they have also sent me an invoice for over 4 times my monthly contract which has 3 or 4 different contacts included instead of the one I shoud have! Brilliant!

It definitely 100% does work on the S7, I've had mine setup for nearly two weeks now and works perfectly. I'm sure you need to be on a Red plan for it to work but not 100% sure on that one but it definitely works on S7. 

I have the same issue got he Vodafon S7 locked to Vodafone with latest software update but can not see any wifi calling option in the phone application settings.

drey_p

@usan14 wrote:

I have the same issue got he Vodafon S7 locked to Vodafone with latest software update but can not see any wifi calling option in the phone application settings.

Hi there

Have you followed the details here on how to activate it?

PWIAC

stevo1450
It is no use just repeating the info on the website, I Kew all that before purchasing an S7 edge. They can not get it to work,and after an email to the CEO I had a phone call which confirmed this,said they would update their info and offered £75 compensation. My wife also received a free new Sure signal as well. Still not Wi-Fi calling though

So your on pay monthly and a Red plan and it still won't work?? Didn't they offer an explanation as why they couldn't get it working? That's pretty bad just throwing money at you in the hope you'll just go away. You should get what you pay for. 

stevo1450
No explanation to me or my wife also with S7 Edge. Just said it works on S7 Edge but not on Vodafone even thought the website said it does. Also could not confirm a date when it will. If I didn't take the money I had to swap to S6 or iPhone