cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Will Factory Settings sort this problem out?

SteveHigh
4: Newbie
If I restore my Samsung Galaxy Mini to Factory Settings is it likely to resolve this problem: I have a problem downloading and installing WhatsApp from Google Play Store. WhatsApp is downloaded from Google Play Store, but I when I press on the link provided on my phone's screen, I get a message saying 'Browser no longer supported'. The phone is 2 years old, and my network provider is Vodafone. There is nothing wrong with my router because I have another phone, A Vodafone phone, with WhatsApp installed and I can text perfectly using the same router. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Ok so the phone was originally supplied by EE and then unlocked to be able to use any Networks Sim Card in it. 

The phone one I think will still possibly have soon EE bloat ware and pre set options in it. 

One of the settings is how the Home Page can be set so when the Internet Browser is launched it'll navigate to the pre set homepage. At present it looks to be EE's home webpage. 

Normally this can be changed via launching the internet browser and then tap on the 3 little dots usually found at the top Right Hand Side of the screen in the URL bar. 

Press Settings and hopefully the top option in your screen is 'HomePage'

This is the place to set where your phone navigates to when first launching the internet. 

On my Samsung phone on the 3rd option down is the 'Default Search Engine' where you can choose to use different options. If you see this then choose 'Google' if you can. 

No matter which Network supplied the phone originally the phone is provided with several apps already included. One of these being PlayStore. 

Without this then downloading wanted Apps and updating the existing ones wouldn't be possible. 

Now if a person cannot see the PlayStore in their App Drawer and after using any phone internal search feature  I would suggest looking to speaking with Samsung who maybe able to help. 

They have Samsung Service Locations where a person can visit to have their phone looked at. Some Carphone Warehouses have a Service Centre in them too. 

Link > samsung uk/support service-location.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

Ok so the phone was originally supplied by EE and then unlocked to be able to use any Networks Sim Card in it. 

The phone one I think will still possibly have soon EE bloat ware and pre set options in it. 

One of the settings is how the Home Page can be set so when the Internet Browser is launched it'll navigate to the pre set homepage. At present it looks to be EE's home webpage. 

Normally this can be changed via launching the internet browser and then tap on the 3 little dots usually found at the top Right Hand Side of the screen in the URL bar. 

Press Settings and hopefully the top option in your screen is 'HomePage'

This is the place to set where your phone navigates to when first launching the internet. 

On my Samsung phone on the 3rd option down is the 'Default Search Engine' where you can choose to use different options. If you see this then choose 'Google' if you can. 

No matter which Network supplied the phone originally the phone is provided with several apps already included. One of these being PlayStore. 

Without this then downloading wanted Apps and updating the existing ones wouldn't be possible. 

Now if a person cannot see the PlayStore in their App Drawer and after using any phone internal search feature  I would suggest looking to speaking with Samsung who maybe able to help. 

They have Samsung Service Locations where a person can visit to have their phone looked at. Some Carphone Warehouses have a Service Centre in them too. 

Link > samsung uk/support service-location.

Current Phone  >

Thanks for the Samsung link - very useful.

I know where their shop is and will call in over the next few days.

Grateful for your patience and help.

Cheers!

BandOfBrothers

My pleasure.   :Smiling:

Hope all goes Ok for you. 

Current Phone  >