cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Will/When Sony Xperia 5ii be provisioned with Wifi calling?

TwistedPsy
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello, just a quick question as to whether Wifi calling will be an option for the Sony Xperia 5ii, and if so, when is that likely to be provided. On that page it does not currently list the 5ii as an option, even though it is a newly released model and other similarly priced Sony phones are provided with this feature. I've noticed that other newly released phones you would expect to have this feature have also not been added, so is it simply a matter of time or am I out of luck?

It is very important to me that such a feature is implemented as I cannot get any phone signal in my home. 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It's a matter of keeping a eye on the Vodafone Calling Over WiFi page @TwistedPsy to see if it will become an eligible phone model.

I have seen past posts where people who own a phone that can use Calling Over WiFi but the phone model isn't showing as an eligible model are able to use the feature.

Usually by checking it's turned On in Myvodafone and asking the customer service agent to send an Over the Air configuration message sometimes works.

No guarantees though !

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the help. I have a slightly different problem after texting to the option for WiFi calling enabled on my phone menu on the device itself, where I am unable to toggle the option for WiFi Calling on, on the myvodafone site itself. Whenever I toggle it to on in my manage extras > calling options page it either crashes the page or says that I have successfully turned it on and that I should wait 5 minutes to a few hours for the service to be ready and I'll have to reset my phone, but navigating back to or refreshing the page shows that the option is turned off. It means I am caught in an endless loop and I am not sure if I am just being impatient or if there is an error. It's been 12 hours since I first tried this morning with no sign of progress. Is this an error you are familiar with? Cheers. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

This isn't an error message I'm familiar with @TwistedPsy, but if you're still unable to connect to WiFi calling pop us a message through our social channels and we'll be happy to make sure everything's set up correctly at our end. Once we're sure everything's sorted here, we'll be happy to take a look into your phone settings too 😊

Thanks for getting back to me. I am happy to report that as of Friday afternoon my phone has been able to use WiFi calling. Thanks to everyone for the reassurance I have received and the Vodafone team for making this possible. 

TParker
1: Seeker

After an hour on chat with Vodafone I have established all you need to do is text CALLING to 97888 and voda will send the info to your phone, it worked for me in about 10 mins and now spot on WiFi calling 😁