Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xz2 compact no WiFi calling option

WARLEYGO
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi everyone I have this new xz2 compact which has no wifi calling available, I have a contract with Vodafone but the phone came from phone house. This is really a deal breaker for me as at home I have no network signal, anyone can please help.?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hey @WARLEYGO 

Looking at the official Vodafone Vodafone calling-features/wi-fi-calling page the phone you mention is on the eligible list.and it no longer matters if a person buys it from Vodafone or not  

You may need to ask Vodafone to activate it on your account.

Calling Over WiFi Set up. Ask the agent to force the phone via sending an OTA configuration update that should provision your phone for Calling Over WiFi. 

"Register for Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling

Text the word CALLING to 97888

This is a free text which will add the service to your account

You should receive the following confirmation text:

Thanks. We’ll add Wi-Fi Calling to your account in the next 24 hours and will let you know when you’re all set up.

If you’d like to discuss this with us, or if you have any other issues, you can find more info here or contact us

Once you receive the confirmation text, switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings

Go to Settings, scroll down and choose the Application icon

Choose Phone and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Calling – select the box beside this option

A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling – tap OK"

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hi @BandOfBrothers,

thanks for the prompt reply, I did talk to vodafone sunday and they asked to send the msg to 97888 and I received the msg confirmation to wait 24 hours. I waited 48h, rebooted the phone and still nothing. by the way vodafone msg said it would let me know when I am all set up, which never hapenned.

Today I sent again CALLING to 97888 and now waiting.

Am I doing correctly here or should I use another aproach?

Worth to mention, my home only has signal by the windows and sometimes Im indoors using wifi for internet and so I get no signal to perhaps receive this OTA configuration.

Is there anything else I could be doing here to speed this process?

Again thanks for the help.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @WARLEYGO we're happy to take a closer look into your Wi-Fi Calling query. So we can access your account, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Hi Adam. 

I'm having the same issue with same handset. Current Vodafone technical problems locally so no signal so was hoping to just turn WiFi calling on. Could you help me set it up please. Sent text but nothing came back. Thanks. Will 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @willellwood 👋 we'll be able to help get Wi-Fi Calling sorted for you. As we'll need access to your account to do this, please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK and we'll be in touch.