main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Android

calls going to voice mail

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
5: Helper

Why are all my calls going to voice mail and text telling me s I have a missed call,  please tell me what settings I have that are wrong

thank you

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Ah ok.

Well the sequence of codes should work. 

However if you proceed with Cancel all Diverts this will also turn off Voicemail. 

You would need to turn it back On again. 

You could try turning voicemail off as per the info in this link to see if then you receive calls. 

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Voicemail/897614252/How-do-I-set-up-and-manage-my-v...

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options
14 REPLIES

Hi

Does your phone not ring at all. 

I ask because if it's going too fast to voicemail you can extend the time it does that. 

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Calls-texts-and-voicemail/Vodafone-call-features/40854185/How-do-I-in...

You could also try cancelling all diverts. 

Press Phone.Press Keypad.Key in ##002# and press the call icon.

Can you try an alternative phone. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

Hi, it does not ring at all, I know this is a stupid question, and sorry, but how do I get to the key pad to put those numbers in,

View more options

Hi @widgetwilk39

If your phone does not ring at all, it more than likely connected to your network issue in North Walsham where the signal is poor and you will only have limited outdoor coverage on 2G only.

The best thing to do is to wait until you are in an area with better reception and see if it makes a difference.

If there is limited service at your home location, calls will be redirected to voicemail.

View more options

Thanks I only have it on 2/3G, and had a text from Vodafone yeaterday to say all was now working right,

View more options

Does normal service resume if you commute away from your local area ?

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

You should have an icon on your phones screen with typically a picture of a phone or phone handset. 

Tap that and type in those sequence of numbers. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

Yep found it, put in your numbers including all the * in the right place, it shows 'dialing' then it say invaled number

just done it again with the # and time and it says regestration succesful , tried calling from land line and no-go, still not right

View more options

Are you attempting to cancel all diverts or extend the ring time ?

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

Both I think, at the moment all my calls are going to voice mail and I get a text saying I have missed a call, so that needs to change,

also I would like it to ring for as long as possable before I answer it

View more options

Is it possible that your phone is in Silent or Do Not Disturb mode?   You can check either by pressing the volume control when a home screen is displayed or going into Settings|Sounds.

View more options

Ah ok.

Well the sequence of codes should work. 

However if you proceed with Cancel all Diverts this will also turn off Voicemail. 

You would need to turn it back On again. 

You could try turning voicemail off as per the info in this link to see if then you receive calls. 

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Voicemail/897614252/How-do-I-set-up-and-manage-my-v...

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

@widgetwilk39

If your network issue has just been fixed, it might be worth updating your SIM on the network.  It may be that your SIM is just not connecting to the network for calls.

This can be done by going into your network settings, mobile networks and doing a manual roam, selecting an alternative network and back onto Vodafone.

View more options

Thanks Anns for you in-put, but

Think I have done it, I dialed ##002#

called form my land-line and ir rang, how do I now make it ring for a long time,

done **61*121*11*25#  hope that is right,

Yep just tried it and it works,

can I say a big thank you to you all for putting up with me and helping me,

XXX

View more options

Awesome. 

Goid to hear now sorted. 

Its bern a pleasure helping you.  

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options