Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

camera fail on the s5

mattemslie
4: Newbie
When ever I take a picture it saves in my gallery & when I go to view them it shows up as camera failed, thetefore no pictures saved, after googling the problem it seems like a hardware issue, so do u take it to vodafone or the place I bought it from & will they swap it 4 another or send it off 4 a month to be fixed??
8 REPLIES 8

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member

This can Happen if the phone can not right to a external SD

The camera keeps the pic in its cache

try a different SD card

You have two options one is Vodafone (if your insured you must use Vodafone) and send this recorded and get a recipt at your expense vodafone just send out a padded envelope with a address in Black marker on it

( Not very professional)

You will have to pay for this and there is no refund on the postage

Or

With Samsung they send you a Paid recorded AM bag you get a tracking Ref Number and a Box to put the phone in

I raped some bubble rap just in case get a recipt

You can then go on line and track this took five days from them receiving this

its returned back and its shows on your Samsung account

Up to you here ??

mattemslie
Ive tried afew sd cards & still have the same problem. Il go into the vodafone store today & see what they say, only had the phone 6weeks. Surely its covered on samsungs warrenty for 12 months?

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mattemslie,

If you had the phone directly from Vodafone then we’ll be able to send the phone for repair.

If you got it from a third party such as Phones4U, you’d need to contact them for more help.

Alternatively, you can seek advice directly from Samsung.

Thanks,

Andy

With a S5 you get a 24 Mounth warrenty and you have two options

Option 1 Going Via Vodafone ( No coment on that )

Option 2 it goes back Via Phones 4 u or CPW if it came from them

Option 3 It goes to Samsung, This is the best bit as i have just experianced there service

it comes in two forms you can take it to a Service centre or a CPW Teck Geeks centre

Or use there post service which is spot on and you can track this all the way and take tops Five working days

other services can take longer

On all options they will try a Factory reset you need to do this as they will see you have done this

I was worried about sending my Phone But samsung paid for everything

Oh If you boght your phone from Vodafone sending this to Samsung does not Void your warrenty with Vodafone

mattemslie
Ok thanks, im going to send it to samsung, been intouch with phones4u & vodafone, they both say use the camera without the sd card, that will solve the issue. Tried it, it hasnt.
Emailed samsung, they say its more likely to be a hardware issue, seems to be a common fault at the moment, & are sending me a replacement whilst mine is in repair, as to be told not to use an sd card with the camera makes no sence to samsung or me atall. Will let you know more when "hopefully' the issue is resolved.

Northern-dj
Shocked that phones4u said that clap trap
Samsung will sort this when they send you the box for the phone to post back I would put some extra rapping and in cloud a covering letter on what's wrong as the cs person struggled to get all the info in on mine
Why would both vodafone and phones4u come out with this only points to the staff being badly trained or used to a phone with no so card slot
Thankfully you came on here first
Vodafone's repair service may of been able to sort this but doesn't give a customer much faith if that's all they come up with

mattemslie
Had it fixed by samsung, all free of charge, although they had it amonth. But sent an s5 out 4 me 2 use. All gud now. The camera failed so im guessin they installed a new 1.
Whats not great is vodafone is down again. Day 5.

@mattemslie wrote:
Had it fixed by samsung, all free of charge, although they had it amonth. But sent an s5 out 4 me 2 use. All gud now. The camera failed so im guessin they installed a new 1.
Whats not great is vodafone is down again. Day 5.

Glad its sorted

Samsungs service is good once they have the unit

I have had very good experiance with them, the only issue was the post office they can not grasp what 24hrs is

but samsung is sorting that complaint out

as the S5 is new any Strange issues they do a full investication

Now this is done at head office but it goes to a Tier 2 service centre for them to do the basic checks they then send this down to samsung hence why it took this long.

Now enjoy your phone now