main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

forgot the screen lock passcode on my Samsung galaxy s6?

2: Seeker

I was locked out my Samsung galaxy s6 and can't use my phone, is there any way that can bypass or remove the screen lock passcode, I don't wanna restore my  phone to factory reset.

View more options
11 REPLIES 11
17: Community Champion

Vodafone would be able to help out with locked SIM card pass codes but not device ones as far as I'm aware. 

This blog article from Android Central might help.

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View more options
12: Established
View more options
1: Seeker

Did you sign in with Android device manager or Samsung cloud account?

View more options

Hi,

As this is one of the security protocols to safeguard the phone by being used by someone other than the owner  it isn't going to be simple to enter back into the phone. 

Try all the password connotations your aware of. 

If you have a Samsung Experience Store local then they maybe able to help. 

Or if you have a Carphone Warehouse local with a repair centre in then again they maybe able to help. 

I had a similar issue where my s7 edge wouldn't recognise my set up password after performing a Factory Reset. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

@redpages wrote:

Vodafone would be able to help out with locked SIM card pass codes but not device ones as far as I'm aware. 

thanks, i will try it! I really dont' want to factory reset my phone.

View more options
Highlighted

@Silverdewy wrote:

@redpages wrote:

thanks, i will try it! I really dont' want to factory reset my phone.

One more tip, it's  highly recommended to backup the phone before factory reset as all the data will be deleted after that.

View more options

Try with this Dr.Fone for Android, it can help you unlock Samsung Galaxy and LG without the passcode, and no data loss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4o8z_lDLd0

View more options
16: Advanced member

If you have a Samsung account (and can remember the log in details) go into that on a laptop and chose the unlock my phone option.

I had the same issue a while ago when my fingerprint scanner failed and I had to enter the backup password and had no idea what it was......

Huawei P20 EML-L09,

Android Version - 9.0.0 EMUI Version 9.1.0

Last Update 10.9.19

Build- 9.1.0.328(C432E7R1P11)

Baseband- 21C20B369S009C000
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

View more options
4: Newbie

Delete screen lock without losing data? The only way I know is Find My Mobile and tools, otherwise using the factory reset is the easiest way to bypass the forgotten Samsung lock screen.

View more options

Be aware that the link in the above post is not the same as that in the original posting.

View more options

thank you, it helps me right now

View more options