2: Seeker

hi

iv some how changed my pattern and cant get in to my phone 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @asuksharp 

You should be able to unlock the phone through your Google Account.

If you keep getting the pattern incorrect after multiple attempts, forgotten pattern will come up on the screen, tap on this and enter your Google account name and password used when you set up the phone.  If you get the PIN incorrect, you should be able to get your PUK code from Vodafone, if the phone is SIM locked through too many incorrect attempts, you will need a replacement SIM for the same number from a Vodafone Store.

When you have unlocked the phone, I would suggest setting up a new memorable pattern or factory resetting to erase all memory of the previous pattern and phone security.

There is also further information from Google to explain how to unlock your device or reset your pattern on the links below: 

Google Support

How to Unlock Android Phone with Google Account

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

63johnw

Hi @asuksharp  there is normally still an option to use your pin if you forget the pattern, can you not do that ?

hi it just keeps coming up with the lock pattern an i keep trying it but it wont open or let me put in a pin

BandOfBrothers

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/sony/sony-xperia-1/hardreset-first-method/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @asuksharp 

You should be able to unlock the phone through your Google Account.

If you keep getting the pattern incorrect after multiple attempts, forgotten pattern will come up on the screen, tap on this and enter your Google account name and password used when you set up the phone.  If you get the PIN incorrect, you should be able to get your PUK code from Vodafone, if the phone is SIM locked through too many incorrect attempts, you will need a replacement SIM for the same number from a Vodafone Store.

When you have unlocked the phone, I would suggest setting up a new memorable pattern or factory resetting to erase all memory of the previous pattern and phone security.

There is also further information from Google to explain how to unlock your device or reset your pattern on the links below: 

Google Support

How to Unlock Android Phone with Google Account

BandOfBrothers

There are ways to help with this via a google search @asuksharp 

The lock pattern is a security feature which is  in place for a reason. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.