Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

hTc One M8.....4.4.3 Update...File Manager Finally

Tink-GB
12: Established

Just received and updated to find a new app...
File Manager...Very basic, craps icon but more iimportantly...

I now appear to be able to delete external sd content , for example subdirectories, not allowed previously..

Including content created by third party apps something Kit Kat wouldn't do and many people petitioned for a change in this HTC policy..!

I have also tried using a third party app as before to create a directory and it still lets me, but again won't let me then delete it. (This is on the ext_sd location..).This is still the same so it isn't OS related but file.manager related, an app never released before by HTC.

Great News...Thank you HTC..!

3 REPLIES 3

Tink-GB

I can also finally fully move content freely from phone storage to the sd card and vice versa.

The update has also fixed the Screenshot cropping bug in the Gallery app, meaning once cropped, the thumbnails are updated so you can actually see the crop within the app.

Any one else spotted anything..?

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
Hi Tink

great spot, I completely missed that one, as you say not a striking design!
Interestingly ES File Explorer can't move or copy files yet...

Other new apps I've noticed;
Key VPN
HTC News
Power to Give

(using SIM free M8)

hrym

When the restriction on writing to external sd's was introduced with KitKat, I suggested that system file managers would start to appear and I'm glad they have.   I've been testing a Vodafone Smart 4 Power, and even that has one.   It's very basic, but you can use it for sd card work and stick to your preferred one (I like Cheetah's File Manager) for everything else.