Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

mymail

widgetwilk39
10: Established
10: Established

I have been using mymail for ages on my Nokia, now for some unknown reason it has stop receiving my e-mails, any idea why??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @widgetwilk39 

This sounds like a My Mail Application issue, it may be worth going into the application and clearing cache and data.  

Assuming you have added your gmail account to your phone account settings by going into your accounts on the phone and entered your gmail address.  When you signed into your gmail account from the phone any contacts on your gmail account would automatically be synchronised to your phone.

Although I understand you would like to use the Nokia Mail Application, as an alternative you can still use the gmail server to send and receive your messages.  You can synchronise your Plusnet email to gmail by going into your account settings on your phone and selecting personal, IMAP > accounts and syn settings, account settings and add your Plusnet account to synchronise to gmail.

As with the Nokia Mail Application your email messages will be in the one place and when you receive an email from Plusnet or to your gmail account, it will be picked up by gmail and forwarded to your phone.  You can also reply to emails using gmail and add that the message has been sent from your Nokia phone.

If you are using Outlook gmail mail works well and should be set up as IMAP.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS

Hi @widgetwilk39 

I would try removing the account and setting it up again.

If you have not yet done, you can synchronise all your mail to your gmail account, this way gmail you will be able to keep your mail in one place and pick up all incoming mail and send using gmail.  You can synchronise to gmail by going into your account settings, personal, accounts, synchronisation settings.

Thanks for reply.  I have two email address's and it appears it is only the g-mail address that the 'my mail' will not accept, my plusnet address is OK.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@widgetwilk39 Were you able to remove and re-add your Gmail account as @AnnS suggested? If you had any trouble with this, please let us know what happened when trying this including any error messages you're seeing.

Hi, still having trouble, removed and re-installed MyMail, put in my gmail address's and all I get is over an hundred 'mail delivery returns' all to my gmail address..

but when I put in my 'plusnet address it is ok, don't seem to be able to put in both address's

For some unknown reason, which I've almost given up, all my Plusnet mail is going into Spam and my Gmail is going into Trash,

AnnS

Hi @widgetwilk39 

This sounds like a My Mail Application issue, it may be worth going into the application and clearing cache and data.  

Assuming you have added your gmail account to your phone account settings by going into your accounts on the phone and entered your gmail address.  When you signed into your gmail account from the phone any contacts on your gmail account would automatically be synchronised to your phone.

Although I understand you would like to use the Nokia Mail Application, as an alternative you can still use the gmail server to send and receive your messages.  You can synchronise your Plusnet email to gmail by going into your account settings on your phone and selecting personal, IMAP > accounts and syn settings, account settings and add your Plusnet account to synchronise to gmail.

As with the Nokia Mail Application your email messages will be in the one place and when you receive an email from Plusnet or to your gmail account, it will be picked up by gmail and forwarded to your phone.  You can also reply to emails using gmail and add that the message has been sent from your Nokia phone.

If you are using Outlook gmail mail works well and should be set up as IMAP.

Could you explain how to do "going into the application and clearing cache and data"

would like to give that a try,

both my address are in there as mail is being put in Spam and Trash,

it is just annoying that after years of using this app it now has gone 'crazy'

OK, found it, have cleared cacha and data, will see what happends now

Think with all your help I have solved it, think it was the clearing cache and data. 

I have sent e-mails from my computer to both my address's and they both came into the in box on Mymail,

so a big thank you to all who help me, XXX