Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

myvodafone app on samsung android v4.3 stop working

foocindy
4: Newbie

myvodafone app stop working about a year ago.  yes, I know why inquire about it now.  well I was having so much problems with acct on web site that I dont have the energy to resolve the issue on the phone.  well today I have time. when I try to download app from google play store, error message reads "your device is not compatible with this version". so what do I do now? I have a version 4.3

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @foocindy 

Go into your Playstore and under my apps and games see if myvodafone is there under library and if so delete it from there.

Then try downloading it again using your mobile data. Also set it up using mobile data too.

Does your online version of myvodafone work ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

OK. I will try it now, delete from play store, and try to delete by googling

hrym

Frankly, I'm impressed that the device is still usable in practical terms.  I have a Galaxy S2 (also 4.3, I think), which, although it has 16gb of storage, only has 2gb configured for apps.  In its day, it was great, but as apps have grown, I can really only run the stock Google ones and a broswer.   In practice, I only turn it on from time to time to see how it's doing.

I suspect the issue is compatibility with that version of Android.   A lot of apps need a higher version now.

My phone is for making calls (mostly), occasional text if too noisy to call (too busy to text would rather call), I know its time for a new phone. thanks for helping. my social phone is a nokia flip phone my friends know if they cannot get me on my smart phone they can get me on the flip phone.

AnnS

Hi @foocindy 

You are able to download the application over WiFi, in order for Vodafone to locate your account it's only the first log in where you need to use mobile data.

However, from what you have written, the application is not compatable with Android 4.3 and as the latest Android software is 9, it might be worth checking your phone to make sure there is not a software upgrade compatable with the application.

If you check the application from the Play Store, it will let you know if the application is compatable with your device.  Unfortunately, if it is not compatable there would be little Vodafone would be able to do to help.

hrym

Do you mean Android 4.3 or that version of the My Vodafone app.   If you could confirm what device and Android version you have, the forum team should be able to advise whether there's a specific compatibility issue.   Some apps have trouble with certain display densities/sizes although, afaik, the MV app is reasonably flexible.

my samsung galazy grand 2 has android v4.3. the vodafone app was working until months ago, so I un-install and try to re-install, I google and it took me to google play store and i get error message "your device is  not compatible with this version"