cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

no RCS even though we have two vodafone sims?

catthings
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

the account has two sims on it, both pay monthly, one basic and one entertainment.

but we cannot send RCS messages to each other, they only come up as sms in messages. I was getting the chat options and all was turned on, but now I am getting the excuse the wait message but even with the chat options it was still only sending SMS.

does RCS work on basics sims? any help would be great :Sad_face: we got two sims to use RCS and data text messaging

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes it does work, I found the fix online from a website

"Don't try and register on WiFi. If you did, you'll get blacklisted and it'll fail (silently, because there's nothing better than troubleshooting blindly) every time after that no matter what connection you're using.

1. Remove Messages
2. Disconnect from wifi
3. Pop out your SIM card, insert it back in
4. Launch Messages, go through all the initial setup stuff, make it your default SMS app
5. Add your phone number (with country code) under settings
6. Close the app, open it again, you should get the prompt to enable RCS if your carrier supports it."

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @catthings 

If the phone has messaging + capabilities, you can download the application from the following link and it will then only be necessary to on or off the service on your message settings when you wish to use message + Message Plus

With Basic SIMs being just UK calls, texts and data with MMS bars activated on the bundle as standard, as Message + lets you communicate with more than just words by sharing photos, videos, audio clips, voice notes, location and more you would be unable to use Message + with a Basics SIM.

I'm not using that app, I'm using Android messages?

Is RCS not available on basics Sims then?

AnnS

@catthings 

Basic SIMs is just plain UK calls and texts, you can't use chat where you can share photos and use video.

@AnnS wrote:

@catthings 

Basic SIMs is just plain UK calls and texts, you can't use chat where you can share photos and use video.

you work for vodafone?

Yes it does work, I found the fix online from a website

"Don't try and register on WiFi. If you did, you'll get blacklisted and it'll fail (silently, because there's nothing better than troubleshooting blindly) every time after that no matter what connection you're using.

1. Remove Messages
2. Disconnect from wifi
3. Pop out your SIM card, insert it back in
4. Launch Messages, go through all the initial setup stuff, make it your default SMS app
5. Add your phone number (with country code) under settings
6. Close the app, open it again, you should get the prompt to enable RCS if your carrier supports it."