Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

nuc code problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Last week received NUC from Vodafone which did not work with my Samsung S6.

Mobile sourced from Vodafone on 24 month contract.

Spoke to On Line Agents three times informing them, each told me issue would be escalated to NUC Resolution team, no response.

Ended contract 2 days ago due to redundancy and transferred number to another provider.

On line Agents told me earlier today to resubmit NUC request form.

Just received following email response from Customer Care Team;

Thanks for getting in touch about unlocking your phone. Unfortunately, we can’t to do this because the number you told us about doesn’t belong to a phone on our network. We can only unlock a phone that we know belongs to you. This means you need to have used it with your Vodafone SIM .

I have used it for the past 20 months.

Any ideas who I can contact or what I can do to unlock my Phone ?

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

If too many nuc forms this can have the issue of Vodafone systems highlighting a fraud issue. 

Let the Vodafone Social Media Team here catch up with your thread and I’m sure they’ll try and help or use Live Chat or ring customer service. 

Another option is to pick up a Vodafone Payg Sim Card and use it for 30 days making calls and then request the unlock via the new Payg details. It’s free to unlock on Payg or Pay Monthly. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Sent original request 19/09/17 received response 21st with NUC. NUC did not work, contacted On line Chat 3 times since, passed on and on, no resolution.

hrym

Hang on for the forum team to pick up this thread.   They'll be able to look into this in more detail.  Online help (191 & Live Chat) are dealing with it in real time, whereas the forum people will be able to give it as long as it needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just been to a Vodafone store, they think it may be an issue with Samsung.

Guy at store very helpful, went through unlock procedure and checked online that NUC I was originally given was correct.

Got same error message as I did - Not registered on network

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous So we can help with your Network Unlock Code, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team directly.

We'll be in touch as soon as possible.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Natasha, responded to the private message 10 days ago - no one from the team has contacted me !

Gave up hope with Vodafone, went to local shop yesterday and got mobile unlocked and in use within 10 minutes for £12.

Thanks for the memories Vodafone, will remember to avoid you for a very long time.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous - I’ve searched for your email to our team via the address you’ve registered to the Community with and nothing’s showing.

If there's anything you still need help with and you’ve followed the steps from the private message @Tash sent to you, please let us know the reference from the auto reply email (it looks like #123456).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gemma,

Reference: EFT195

I followed the instructions and link on Natasha's private message and returned twice.

No response.

Phone now unlocked - Small local Mobile Phone Shop, took 10 minutes and cost £12.

Thank you Vodafone for continuing to meet my expectations of your service levels - ZERO !