Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

p20 lite wifi calling gone after repair

hooker1uk
14: Advanced member

Hi

I've had my p20 lite for around a year now - however the device had to be sent to repair. 
A week later it came back bent so was sent back again - (I'd noticed it was void of all vodafone customisations on boot before VF store staff rejected it for being bent) 
when it came back all fixed but again void of all VF branding until it found Vodafone's apps and services and updated, but at the same time wifi calling is no longer avaliable in the settings (I've even taken it back to store who were miffed as they could not find it) 

Is this something they've removed in the p20 lite? IF so I'll be miffed as i chose the device to use the feature. 

thnks in advance 

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK. 

2 REPLIES 2

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @hooker1uk  thanks for your message. It's really odd to hear Wi-Fi Calling is no longer enabled since sending it off for repair. Do you still have this enabled through your online account? If not, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. 

hooker1uk

Hi Adam, 

PM sent but so far had a (i get they had to ask) bit of a patronising have you checked settings question as its enabled VF's end 
to help I've uploaded A screen recording to youtube showing it's not in the place it should be
https://youtu.be/WSrX3aIHDTM

Heres hoing we get to the end of this as i get the feeling this is the fault of anovo's use of generic firmwares

cheers 

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK.