main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

previous call history

artieguber
4: Newbie

Hi folks

this relates to incoming calls i receive from people who are NOT in my contacts. 

Until recently when i had a call come in the number would display - along with a history of any other times that particular number called (or texted).  So my incoming number might be displayed as ##~##  and a little list under it would detail dates that number had previously contacted me. 

For sometime i havent had the previous details come up (when i know they have called before).   Is there somewhere in the menu settings that can enable this, or is it a feature no longer in existance?  Any app that can do this instead?   

Am on a Note 4 running latest update for that old model. 

thanks in advance

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information, please see Community Guidelines]

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Tash

@artieguber I can see that you should be able to filter your call log - does this allow you view the dates that the number called?

To filter your call history, please follow the below steps:

• Tap the phone icon from the home screen
  • Tap 'Logs'
  • Select the 'All calls' option
  • Choose one of the options available

Please let us know how you get on.

View more options
artieguber
4: Newbie

hi

not sure it is a case of filtering calls - I just would like the call/text history of a given caller (if they have called before) to be displayed when the phone is ringing.  Like it used to do.

i did the 

• Tap the phone icon from the home screen
  • Tap 'Logs'
  • Select the 'All calls' option  
     like you suggested but after selcting 'all calls' then what?   No other options that i can see are displayed (or i dont know where to find them)

regards

View more options
Gemma
16: Advanced member

@artieguber - We’re not aware of this being an option in the past.

I’ve tested it on another android phone in the office and the way we found was:

1. Tap the phone icon from the home screen
  2. Tap 'Logs' (‘Recents’)
  3. Select the 'All calls' option 
  4. Click the time and date next to the contact name or number 
  5. Select ‘Details’

This will then display any call history for that contact/number. Please let us know how you get on.

View more options