Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

s7 keep screen turned off ?

ilsonlad1
4: Newbie

Hi all,

Has anyone noticed that the "keep screen turned off" feature is'nt working on your s7?

I don't know if it worked before I "upgraded" to Nougat 7.0 as I didnt try it.

However it certainly doesn't work now and I wonder if anyone else has the same issue?

or even better a fix?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @ilsonlad1

Is that the phone feature where if turned on the sensors recognise the phone is in a pocket / bag etc so remains Off ?

If so then that feature worked well on my s7 edge with Marshmallow and Nougat and also works on my current phone the Samsung Galaxy s8 on Nougat. 

Do you have the phone in a Case or has a front screen protector on it that maybe hindering the sensors ?

If not try turning the feature Off and soft reboot your phone by turning it Off and On and then turn the feature back on. 

If this remains an issue then a Samsung Service Location could run a diagnostic on the phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply and apologies for my late reply.

Yes I had tried all of your suggestions already and even a full factory reset, however nothing worked.

I did more research today though and found that this issue has affected quite a number of devices

since "upgrading" to Nougat. So it seems we'll have to wait for a fix as Samsung have been informed about this.

I have today though found an app in the playstore that has done the trick for me and it works perfectly so

I guess i'll stick with that until the fix is rolled out.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ilsonlad1 Thanks very much for letting us know. 

That doesn't seem an ideal situation, however I'm glad to see you've managed to find an alternative in the meantime. :smileyhappy: