Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

software update failed

rmb63
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Trying to download latest software update onto Vodafone N9. Gets to 99% complete then get a failure message "data error". Have tried several times over last few days with same result each time. Downloading via broadband connection with mobile data turned on. Any ideas how to resolve?

4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion

How much spare space do you have on the device?   If it's getting quite full, there may not be sufficicient for the download and the temporary files created during the update process.  The solution is to delete anything you don't need, or move content to an sd card.   With luck, that'll get everything moving.

Phone is nearly new and I have over 8Gb of spare space (at least 50%). Download size is about 570Mb. hence, don't think this is the issue.

hrym

8gb should be plenty.  I've done it with a lot less than that.  I'm not sure what's going on.   It's generally recommended to run updates over wifi (as you are) due to the size of the download and there are no other obvious issues from what you say.

The only other thing I can think of is to clear recent apps and restart the phone (if you haven't already).   This will free up resources, although that would mainly benefit the installation rather than the download stage, which seems to be the problem.

Otherwise, I'm out of ideas, I'm afraid.

BandOfBrothers

Might be worth backing up and factory resetting as a last resort @rmb63

Some Vodafone Highstreet Stores have in house assistance if that's of any use ?

Vodafone/tech-team.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.