Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

talktalk email wont work on samsung s9

frasdona
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Tried everything I can think of to get talktalk email working on my s9 and failed Anyone any ideas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @frasdona

Although I understand you want the talktalk email separate form gmail, you can still use talktalk for your email but use the gmail server to send and receive your messages.  You can synchronise your talktalk email to gmail by going into your account settings on your phone and selecting personal, IMAP > accounts and syn settings, account settings and add your talk talk account to synchronise to gmail.

This way all your email messages will be in the one place and when you receive an email from talktalk it will be picked up by gmail and forwarded to your phone.  You can also reply to the talktalk email using gmail and add that the message has been sent from your Android phone.

If you are using Outlook gmail mail works well and should be set up as IMAP.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

hrym

I've seen issues with this before.   It's worth looking at the TalkTalk website to check the settings.   Also worthwhile is experimenting with the Security setting  - SLS/TLS is the most common, and may be the default, but try anything else that's offered.   Occsionally, a different port from the default is used, but this would be difficult to guess and the website whould tell you if that's the case.

What issues are you having?  

Do you get any kind of error message?
Is it both sending and receiving?
Does the service work (on the Samsung) over your own wifi? Some service providers restrict connections to their own networks and don't like mobile connections at all.

Thanks for reply. When I added the app it simply would not connect also have to go into search to find the email icon. I have tried both vodafone and talktalk for answers and at there suggestion manually input the port values to no avail. Gmail works fine but I want my tt account. I had a samsung a5 previously and that worked fine also on android 8

BandOfBrothers

When not using the set up wizard and manually setting up the email account does it give you the option to choose either pop3 or imap?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @frasdona

Although I understand you want the talktalk email separate form gmail, you can still use talktalk for your email but use the gmail server to send and receive your messages.  You can synchronise your talktalk email to gmail by going into your account settings on your phone and selecting personal, IMAP > accounts and syn settings, account settings and add your talk talk account to synchronise to gmail.

This way all your email messages will be in the one place and when you receive an email from talktalk it will be picked up by gmail and forwarded to your phone.  You can also reply to the talktalk email using gmail and add that the message has been sent from your Android phone.

If you are using Outlook gmail mail works well and should be set up as IMAP.

thank you I will give that a try

hrym

Gmail also has a setting to send globally as-from any address you wish, and also to send as-from the address to which the incoming message was sent.   I think you need to do this on a computer and not the app.

synced it to gmail and it works thanks to everyone for advise