Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

transfer to memory card

wenhanwen
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

How do I transfer photos etc to my memory card?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Usually the option is in a pop up menu when long pressing on the picture and or in the phones settings you should be able to set the default storage as the Sd card. Sometimes when first inserting the sd card in the phone invokes this type of set up.

There are also software suites to put on a computer that accesses the phons files to be able to drag and drop.

I use a MacBook Air so use Android Transfer.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for reply

AnnS

Hi @wenhanwen 

It would help if you mentioned the phone you are using.

At a guess this is a Samsung but the procedure should be the same for all Android devices.  Here is a link from Samsung with step by step instructions:  How do I move music, images, videos and other media to the SD card in my Galaxy device?

An internet search also brings up solutions from Android Central and other sites.

It would also be worth checking the device guides from Vodafone here: Devices Guides Support

hrym

The simplest way is to use a file manager.   Most phones come with one built in, but there are 3rd party ones as well.   Don't use the Move function as, if the write part fails, the delete part will still operate and you'll lose your photos.   Copy them and then, when you're satisfied they're in place, delete the originals.  Bulk copying is easiest done by copying the folder rather than selcting individual files (theres' no "select all" option).  The folder same varies, but is usually either Camera or Pictures.

You can now set the camera to use the SD card for storage.   Remember that cards can and do fail, so it's a good idea to have a backup.   Syncing with Google Photos is simple and reliable and, if you use the Hi Res option (actually slightly compressed), photos don't count against your storage allowance.