Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

upgrade

mancman
4: Newbie

I know everyone will have their own preference but I'm due an upgrade soon so anyone tell me the difference between that Samsung alpha and galaxy s5 and which is the better phone I know there's some tech people on here who can help me out

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jordo__
13: Advanced Member
Alpha has metal casing around the edges, S5 in mostly plastic all over. Alpha weighs 115g, S5 weighs 145g. S5 has a 5.1" screen compared to the 4.7" screen on the Alpha. Pixel density on the screen is more on the S5, 432 ppi compared to 312 ppi on the Alpha. Alpha has 32GB internal memory, S5 has 16GB. Alpha does not have an SD slot for expandable memory, S5 supports SD cards up to 128GB. No Infrared Port on Alpha, which there is on the S5. S5 is IP67 certified (dust and water resistant), Alpha has no IP certification. 12MP camera in Alpha, 16MP camera in S5 with phase detection autofocus which Alpha does not have. 2800 mAh battery in S5, 1860 mAh battery in Alpha. I'm sure there is a few other things, ie chipset and GPU are superior in the S5. In my opinion, the S5 is the better handset going by specs, but the Alpha is more pleasing to the eye. The choice is all yours my friend, do you go for the all singing, all dancing phone or do you risk some things for a more aesthetically pleasing phone?

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

Jordo__
13: Advanced Member
Alpha has metal casing around the edges, S5 in mostly plastic all over. Alpha weighs 115g, S5 weighs 145g. S5 has a 5.1" screen compared to the 4.7" screen on the Alpha. Pixel density on the screen is more on the S5, 432 ppi compared to 312 ppi on the Alpha. Alpha has 32GB internal memory, S5 has 16GB. Alpha does not have an SD slot for expandable memory, S5 supports SD cards up to 128GB. No Infrared Port on Alpha, which there is on the S5. S5 is IP67 certified (dust and water resistant), Alpha has no IP certification. 12MP camera in Alpha, 16MP camera in S5 with phase detection autofocus which Alpha does not have. 2800 mAh battery in S5, 1860 mAh battery in Alpha. I'm sure there is a few other things, ie chipset and GPU are superior in the S5. In my opinion, the S5 is the better handset going by specs, but the Alpha is more pleasing to the eye. The choice is all yours my friend, do you go for the all singing, all dancing phone or do you risk some things for a more aesthetically pleasing phone?

Thank you very much for all that info its makes it much easier to decide when the info is put Like that its very much appreciated