Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

upgrading suggestion

TraceyRothera
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

i think if want to upgrade early or if u see a different phone u want you should be able to upgrade when ever you need too , dispite your in a contract. i just got my samsung s7 in january but im wanting the samsung s8 but cant till 2019 by then a different phone will be out. maybe you should put an option to upgrade sooner without paying your contract up. especially if your sticking with the same network 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

These phones are not cheap @TraceyRothera and cost the Networks to supply them as part of a full contract.

My Samsung Galaxy s8 cost £600+, which was purchased sim free from Samsung. 

The network has a subsidy to recoup which is why the 2 year contracts are in place and they offer flexi upgrades. 

More info in > What's-the-difference-between-Flexible-upgrades-and-Flexi-upgrades.

That or a person can after their contract has run its term drop to a SIM Only or Payg and buy the phone of choice. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hmmm, a company gives you a £700-£1000 phone for nothing, then 10 months later, after you've paid about £300.00 you want another £700+ phone for free..... then you do the same in another few months? I think the words "get real" spring to mind.

If you want to change phones that often you will either need to buy one SIM free and get a SIM only contract I'm afraid.

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac