Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

vodafone VDF200

fab123
1: Seeker

vodafone VDF200 keeps reverting back to default ringtone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @fab123

If this is a ringtone you have downloaded, and you have saved it to your SD card, try saving to the phone memory.  If the phone cannot find the file, it will revert to default.

If this a preinstalled ringtone reverting back to default, it will be a phone issue.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers

Is it possible the ringtone your trying to set is t the right file type or it's corrupted. 

Perhaps try downloading another and try that as a process of elimination. 

Zedge is a good free source. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @fab123

If this is a ringtone you have downloaded, and you have saved it to your SD card, try saving to the phone memory.  If the phone cannot find the file, it will revert to default.

If this a preinstalled ringtone reverting back to default, it will be a phone issue.

hrym

It's just possible this is a resource issue.   Try clearing recent apps and simply restarting the device.  That should clear out a few temporary files and caches and may solve the problem.

Yes it is a preinstalled ringtone that it keeps reverting to.

Afflospark
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

This happened with me too, a few weeks ago.

The problem with me was, I had my downloaded ringtone in SD card and later I realized that there was an issue with my sd card. My SD card was automatically ejecting without any reason(i was getting a notification on top drawer), so every time this ejection things happen, my ringtone changed to default one.

So what I did is move all my downloaded ringtone to phone's internal memory. 

It is working perfectly.

hope this will help you.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic content, please see Community Guidelines]

Thanks

hrym

If you're having that kind of issue, it suggests there may be a problem with the card, and that it's about to fail.   It would be a good idea to copy the data off it and replace it while you still have access.  I've had a card failure, and it often happens without warning.