Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

vodafone smart prime 6 internal SD

atomms
1: Seeker

hi!

is it possible to set my SD set as internal storage including the OS (extending the internal storage) in my vodafone smart prime 6 with Android 5.0

in Vodafone Smart Prime 7 with Android 6.0 it was easy to do otherwise i'll try to upgrade to Android 6 with Smart Prime 6, is that possible?

thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

AFAIK the only way to find out is to format the card and see if that's offered as an option.  Remember that the process will destroy any information currently on the card and that it won't be re-uable in another device without re-formatting.  Adopted storage, as it's known, is mainly intended for low-resource devices sold in emerging markets.   SD cards are a lot slower than internal storage and can make the device sluggish.   For that reason, manufacturers can disable the option when they make their own adaptations of the Android source - hence the option might not be available.

Some Vodafone devices can (or used to) adopt SD cards for themselves, without special formatting - I had a Smart 3 or 4 on loan that did that - but I don't know whether they do now.

Shuaib649
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi, I don't think the phone did receive the update for 6.0 but the Ultra 6 did ( I think). There is a way but requires root and in this case you should not attempt. I have tested it and it works fine of the Prime 6 months ago. But again I wouldn't recommend it as it can void warranties and so on.

would you mind to tell me where you found the image or instructions to upgrade my Smart Prime 6 from Android 5 to 6? i have no warranties in this phone so i wouldn't mind to root it and try the upgrade

thanks again!