main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

web address on Android Chrome

SOLVED
View solved solution
chris-2431
2: Seeker

Every time I go to log onto Google Chrome on my Samsung A42 5G. I get " mms.vodafone's server IP address could not be found"

Anyone had this happen to them and you sort it out?

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @chris-2431 

I would recommend going into your applications, scroll down to Chrome > storage > clear cache , also go into the Google Play Services, > storage > clear cache.  Follow this with a reboot.

If you still have problems, you may want to consider doing a factory reset the phone, settings, about phone, reset.  Make sure you back up any important files before proceeding.

View solution in original position

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
Evie

Hey there @chris-2431 - Hmm, how odd 🤔 Is this over mobile data or WiFi? Is it only with Google Chrome? Are you having any other service issues?

View more options
chris-2431

It's both on 4g and wifi

View more options
AnnS

Hi @chris-2431 

I would recommend going into your applications, scroll down to Chrome > storage > clear cache , also go into the Google Play Services, > storage > clear cache.  Follow this with a reboot.

If you still have problems, you may want to consider doing a factory reset the phone, settings, about phone, reset.  Make sure you back up any important files before proceeding.

View solution in original position

View more options
chris-2431

Your solution has worked. Thank you for your help.

Out of interest should the cache on the other apps have their cache deleted?

Chris

View more options
AnnS

Not necessarily @chris-2431 , it was just Chrome where you had problems but if you  have problems with applications it always worth clearing cache and  data.

I am glad I my solution helped, can you please click the solved box. 

View more options
chris-2431

Thanks very much 

View more options