cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

wi-fi calling: continuous notifications it's available - how to stop it?

cdl
4: Newbie

I have an unlocked Huawei P20 Pro, dual sim (CLT-L29). Wi-fi calling works with Vodafone, EE and Three, but Vodafone is the only network which causes constant notifications to pop-up on my phone, to let me know that wi-fi calling is available. I could maybe understand that a notification appears the first time I connect to a wi-fi network (even though no such notification appears with the other 2 mobile operators), but why I sometimes get 3 notifications in 5 minutes, when I am 2 metres from the wi-fi router and with a perfect wi-fi signal, is beyond me.

Does this happen to other people? Is it a Vodafone thing? Is it the combination of Vodafone + P20 Pro? Is there a way to stop it?

I limited it this way:

setting -> apps -> more -> show system processes -> phone -> notifications -> wi-fi calling and disable all the options (display in status bar, etc.)

but some notifications still filter through.

Thanks!

108 REPLIES 108

chistery
16: Advanced member

I'll see if I can work out how to test it then. At the moment it's showing my wifi as good quality when it's enabled.

@vodafone I have just joined you from EE, yesterday, on a P30 Pro. I am having the same issue as described in this worrying post. I live rurally, where the is poor reception, and rely on WiFi calling as I work from home.

Please tell me today, that this is fixable. I have already had one bad experience in the first 24 hrs of being with you (please read my file notes). If this isn't resolved I have no option but to cancel my contract and return to EE. Very poor experience so far.

Thanks.

As an aside to add to the poor experience, I can't get in to your My Vodafone app as you're 'experiencing technical difficulties'. Happened last night as well. I'm shocked at the nonsense I'm experiencing.

@Macmatt -- Oh, it's definitely fixable. Unbranded phones and phones from other operators don't exhibit this behaviour. Sadly the question is not, "Can Vodafone fix it?" It is, "Will Vodafone fix it?"

Having witnessed how mobile operators in general (not just Vodafone) behave and the frustration that they give not just their users but also manufacturers of the mobile devices that they sell, quite frankly, I'm not holding my breath!

@grsbanks yeah, seems that way. It's a shame isn't it. If I don't get a fix, or assurance of one, I'll cancel as I'm within my 14 day cancellation period. Just one paying customer, but if enough people do the same they might listen.

chistery

My P30 Pro is unbranded, but it downloaded the Vodafone carrier settings when the SIM was inserted. It has the same problem. The latest update to .153 hasn't fixed it either.

My BT Mobile SIM works as expected on wifi calling.

I am experiencing the exact same problem. 

I've had the P20 Pro a month and these notifications are driving me crazy. 

I spoke to vodafone regarding a separate matter today and asked about the notifications and she said it was likely to be a software update. I know for sure it isn't because there is no notification showing an update (and these have appeared previously) and it's continuous, sometimes every few minutes. 

A bit crazy that vodafone are aware of this issue online and yet haven't resolved the bug. Is it possible to report these bugs officially somewhere? Somewhere they can be actioned by the dev team? 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm disappointed to see there are still so many of you experiencing this issue. Our Tech team are looking in to this and as soon as there's a fix, an update will be released.

There's just been an update for the P20 Pro: 9.0.0.293 (C432E5R1P9).

Other than the May security patches, the changelog states "This update changes the pre-downloaded songs to better cater to your preferences."

Wow! I really needed that! Is there anyone here that doesn't just delete the preloaded media as soon as it appears?

Meanwhile, no mention of a fix for a bug that was reported over 6 months ago now and is rendering a specific feature of the phone needed by some people pretty much useless...

Priorities, Vodafone. Priorities.

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@grsbanks I'm really sorry for the delay and any inconvenience caused by this. Rest assured, as soon as our Tech team have an update, they'll be in touch to let you know about this. We really appreciate your patience in the meantime.