Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

wifi calling on google pixel

pinewood
4: Newbie

I recently purchased a google pixel phone, direct from google.

I notice that Vodafone have now started selling the pixel.

Is there any word on whether Vodafone will enable wi-fi calling on this device?

I note that EE now allow wi-fi calling on the Pixel, which INCLUDES for devices not purchased direct from EE. I hope that Vodafone will be folloing suite.

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Not right now and nothing get has been documented to say it will at this point. 

This is a good Vodafone link to keep an eye on. 

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-improvements/wi-fi-calling/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw
Hi. As you will see from the link provided above the android devices currently supported have to be bought direct from Vodafone so it's unlikely that, even if the pixel is added to the list, that it would be enabled on your phone as you didn't buy it from them.

BandOfBrothers

@pinewood

I note you said "I notice that Vodafone have now started selling the pixel."

Could you link to Vodafone Uk Stores page for this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Nabs

@BandOfBrothers I think you can get it in retail stores but not online. A colleague of mine got one a couple weeks ago from the local shop.

Whether bought from Vodafone or not, it is very poor indeed that Vodafone don't support this yet.  We are 6 months on from the OP, and still no support.

The network supports it.  The Pixel supports it.  There is no reason why Vodafone should not make this available, is there?

EE support it on the pixel for goodness sake.  Vodafone: this is a competitive market you know!  Please support WiFi calling on the Pixel.

http://ee.co.uk/help/phones-and-device/google/google-pixel-xl/setting-up-wifi-calling-on-the-google-...

Almost 2 years later and still no support despite now even selling the Pixel 3 - love this network 🙃

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

It's disappointing to hear you feel this way @jonprocter, I'm sorry that Wi-Fi Calling isn't supported on the Google Pixel 3 at the moment. You'll find any updates on the compatible devices for Wi-Fi Calling on our website here.

That's okay it's not your fault! Someone on Twitter has a Pixel 3 and said their wifi calling suddenly started working at the beginning of Jan (despite it not being on the list on your website), but not got anything on my 2 XL. I'll keep an eye on the list just in case something happens and the technical team suddenly decide to support it. 

teleworm
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

The network supports it.  The Pixel supports it.  There is no reason why Vodafone should not make this available, is there?  [MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic, please see Community Guidelines]