Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

wifi calling s8 plus

Jacko20jj
7: Helper
7: Helper

Trying to set up wifi calling but the option isn't there? Please don't link me to the setup for the s7 as it's not the same. Bought direct from vodaphone.

Thanks 

204 REPLIES 204

And furthermore my csc code is still VOD so as long as people know what they're doing in regards of flashing firmware through Odin it's fine. I'll attach screenshot of my device software info and you'll see.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It might have changed with the S8 but that was the case with the S7. I've not been too bothered about it at the moment as I've been using my iPhone and wifi calling works on that without any issues.

It'll be interesting to see if you get the update from Vodafone when they release it and if you don't and they release voLTE I wonder if you'll have access.

Just realised if your using the I phone why are you even commenting when this problem is in regards to an S8 an Android phone?????

Step 1 get Vodafone to activate wifi calling on your account. 

Step 2 Go to Settings then Apps then select "Show system apps" from pull down menu. then scroll down to where you will finally find the android wifi file. 

Click the file and turn on the permissions at the bottom.

Step 3 go to this you tube link follow instruction https://youtu.be/00ZT_Uqf5AE

Thank me later

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

WiFi calling is reserved for eligible Samsung phones supplied directly by Vodafone. 

Right now the s8 phones haven't been added to the eligible list on the website so they may not work yet. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

CalumTelford
1: Seeker

This is really very disappointing Vodafone. I am a new customer and I can't use my phone at home. Very frustrating. Not great start for my new contract......

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all, 

As soon as Wi-Fi Calling can be used on the Samsung S8, it'll be updated in the compatible devices list on the Wi-Fi Calling page of our website. 

Honestly  even by Vodafone standards I'm impressed. Anyone who needs wifi calling can move send there phone back and move to EE or O2 for it to work now. Now there's an proper update for you. 

What a ridiculous update. This week I have spent several hours speaking to Vodafone trying to make sense of their policies. I think that Vodafone has lost all sense of perspective when it comes to supporting business customers, they are more interested in making silly adverts on the top of mountains instead of listening that what customers want.... its just arrogant....

You speak to the sales team and they tell you the only way to get wifi calling on the S8 is to buy the phone direct from them, but we know that this does not work. So you then speak to their retentions team who tell you that this is total rubbish and the wifi calling is a feature of the phone and that as a business cusotmer you are paying for this facility as part of your tarriff. And lets face it this facility off loads traffic from their network so it does both VF and the customer a favour,,, interrnally VF are battling against each other without any unified voice.

At the end of the day nobody at VF has a clue and/or is prepared to take ownership of this core business service. I think they have lost control and are now more interested in consumer accounts who maybe don't require services such as WIFI calling.

I think the last comment sums the best option - Switch to EE or O2 as they are more geared up for servicing the business community, they have listened to what is important to customers and acted on that information.

Total confusion and lack of urgency from VF. Which is a shame because Samsung have tried so hard to bring a great phone to market, pity that VF failed to show it off properly and left customers cold...

Hi

Any update on this missing Feature in S8 Plus. It will be shame to lose this feature when we buy premium handset on a expensive 2 year contract and especially when Vodafone signal is not reliable in home 😣