Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

wifi calling s8 plus

Jacko20jj
7: Helper
7: Helper

Trying to set up wifi calling but the option isn't there? Please don't link me to the setup for the s7 as it's not the same. Bought direct from vodaphone.

Thanks 

204 REPLIES 204

bazjohn11
10: Established

had a telephone call (told to call me after 5pm and called me at 2pm instead)  from some one called Jitesh who said he was a manager within the Customer Relations department (i have checked and he is not ) he said they have nothing wrong with there systems with regards WIFI calling and it must be a issue with my broadband connection after about half a hour of him going over and over the same answer i give up and contacted the Customer Relations department my self  when i got home from work.  what did make me laugh was the answer and other stuff he replied to in his e-mail

"

As for the issues with the Wi-Fi calling on the number *********** there might be a possibility of disruption in the internet connectivity from either ends which could have led to this issues. This service solely depends upon your internet connectivitys.

Once again, I apologize for the convenience caused and I appreciate our patience and co-operation in this matter.

Kind Regards,

Jitesh
Customer Service Agent (Social Media)  "

(so he is not a manger like he said .  so yet another lie from a member of vodafone staff ) and also i think they should learn when they asked to call after 5pm they should call after that time and not when they want to 

I still can't work out though what the point of the phone call was as he did not ask me about the issue he just told me it was my broadband's fault so If any of the vodafone staff want to help out with this i would be happy to take it on board 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@bazjohn11 I'm sorry to see that this is ongoing.

We'd like to assist you further with this. Is your account now being reviewed by the Customer Relations team?

Please provide us with the reference number of your email (this will look similar to #12345678 and will appear in the automated email response you received) and we'll be able to take a closer look into this for you.

I have still not received any response despite replying to the email that was sent to me.  As I mentioned previously, I missed a call and was asked to reply quoting a code that was text to me.  I never received the text!  I did reply to the email but have not heard anything.

Can we please have a definitive update on the issue of one way sound on WiFi calling, its been ongoing for over a month now and all we are getting are "please contact us", "we have passed it on to the relevant department" etc.

bazjohn11

I spoke to a male and also Oliver so i would now like to leave it with them as I get more sense out of them then the forum and the social media / Customer Relations Manager  or what ever the media team call them self's today LOL 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@200091 We would like to get this resolved for you.

As we’d need to access the account to assist you further, please let us know the reference number that you received in the automated email response. This will be similar to #12345678.

If you’ve not yet received a reply from the team, please reply to their latest email and we can ensure they’ve received this through your reference number.

@bazjohn11 Thanks for updating us. Please let us know if you need any further assistance in the future and we’ll be happy to help.

Mimo2000
12: Established
12: Established

Is there any news yet regarding wifi calling?

It's strange how I've been told that nougat is causing the problem with wifi calling. But yet someone who is also on vodafone using s8 has no problems with wifi calling.

No news here for me yet they still looking in to it.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChazzD wrote:

@Mimo2000

Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to offer any alternative information than the details the Technical team have updated you with. 

As far as we're aware, a fix will be put in place when the next software update gets pushed out. 

Any idea when?

sg1973
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

on the home screen press phone then up top left press the three dots (menu)

then settings scroll down to wifi calling then turn on this worked for me  mine on ee

Your on EE... how is that helpful on A Vodafone forum? Lol