Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

wifi calling s8 plus

Jacko20jj
7: Helper
7: Helper

Trying to set up wifi calling but the option isn't there? Please don't link me to the setup for the s7 as it's not the same. Bought direct from vodaphone.

Thanks 

204 REPLIES 204

urbanbedouin
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi. If you got your phone direct from Samsung then it will work, mine does. Just call Samsung and ask them to call Vodafone to get them to turn it on. They have an agreement with Samsung and can do it. It depends on who you speak to at Vodafone as to whether they know or not. Samsung were very helpful for me and even when Vodafone said you had to buy the handset from them Samsung intervened and said that was not correct and Vodafone just have to send the settings and activate wifi calling on the account. They did, in the end, and it works.

Just had my second update for my s8 and on Twitter vodafone UK help said it be in the next software update which was the one i just had but still no wifi calling added

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mimo2000

As soon as there's any updates regarding Wi-Fi Calling for the Samsung S8, they'll be available on the Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling page.

Hi and Thx for getting back to me @becca_p 

Ok it is all sorted now I spoke to live chat team and told them I have wi-fi calling enabled in the app but not on option on the phone so she looked into it.

She come back and said it's not been activated on my account so she said she will activate it. Give it 15 to 30 mins so after 10mins i turned off phone and back on got a text for configuration mms and internet after that checked wi-fi calling and it was there. 

So if anyone needs to know contact online chat and they can sort it for you.

yep, can confirm it works. Thanks @Mimo2000

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone arrived today and wifi calling is working out of the box..

I think people who pre ordered have to phone vodafone up and get them to activate it on there account.

Has anyone got wifi calling on a phone from Samsung ?

For phones got from samsung - i got mine from John Lewis - i flashed the VOD CSC firmware and got it working - it will factory reset your phone - so backup. At first i got a german build but on resetting cache i got VOD CSC.

Hello.

Yes my phone is direct from Samsung and when VF send the update message it makes the wifi calling option available. To be sure you can also send the word "CALLING" to 97888.

Works fine now but its been really painful for the past week because of poor coverage at our office.

Works now fine