Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

wifi calling s8 plus

Jacko20jj
7: Helper
7: Helper

Trying to set up wifi calling but the option isn't there? Please don't link me to the setup for the s7 as it's not the same. Bought direct from vodaphone.

Thanks 

204 REPLIES 204

Thanks, I just switching off wifi calling on my account,,,,left it and then switched it back on. Voila. I was about to flash to vodafone firmware, but it works on BTU.

Its very buggy on my phone. On most calls no one can hear me. I switched from an iphone 7 plus. Why can things be simple on Android . :Sad_face:  

STANGMAN
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Solved no Wi-Fi calling on my phone... After many phone calls and a chat session I thought I would try something new 

1. Text "CALLING" to 97888. And wait for conformation text telling you Wi-Fi calling is active (even if like me you know it is.

2. With phone turned on and a signal eject your sim card wait about 10 seconds and re'insert ( i had to do this twice)

3. wait for a text from Vodafone saying you have a new SIM and install setting.

4.  Go to phone app.. click the three dots... select settings and scroll down to what should now show wifi calling toggle

Ben650
1: Seeker

Hi

I have an S8+ that I bought direct from Samsung & the option is there for me.

Go into Settings>Apps then click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner of your screen to get the further options menu.

then select Show System Apps.

Scroll down & you'll see 3 apps called phone.

Choose the largest sized app of the 3.

then scroll down to more settings & tap on that

then scroll right to the bottom & the wifi calling slider is at the bottom

Hope that helps.

@Ben650 wrote:

Hi

I have an S8+ that I bought direct from Samsung & the option is there for me.

Go into Settings>Apps then click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner of your screen to get the further options menu.

then select Show System Apps.

Scroll down & you'll see 3 apps called phone.

Choose the largest sized app of the 3.

then scroll down to more settings & tap on that

then scroll right to the bottom & the wifi calling slider is at the bottom

Hope that helps.

It's there for a lot of us but when we use it Ben the other party to the call can't hear what your saying.  it is something that Vodafone is looking in to  (just don't hold your breath ) 

I'm having an issue of the other person not being able to hear me with WiFi calling enabled. I can hear them okay. I've had to switch it off for now because of this. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rob77uk - So we can take a closer look into this for you, please send us your details by following the steps in this private message. :smileyhappy:

This is getting ridiculous. When are we going to have a fix for the one way wifi calling issue. Makes me want to go back to iphone. 

I agree.

Its disappointing that this has been ongoing for over a month with no real updates or time frame for resolution.

As per my earlier posts, I have responded to customer services after being asked to contact them on this forum.  Despite my responses and emails, I have received no reply!  This is poor service vodafone, can we please have a definitive update, or at least can someone respond to my emails (that were initiated by you).

Hi just a question is there any chance you could remove securenet from my account just want to see if that's part off the wifi calling problem.